Hey JP

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Since the powers that be stopped the thread where you mentioned having data regarding an eastern shift in mallard populations, I was wondering if you had found the article/study.

Reason I am asking is that I seem to remember the Central Flyway asking the Flyway Council about adding an additional drake mallard to the limit. While looking up data regarding immature to adult bird ratios, I looked at male to female ratios by flyway and the Central flyway had a very high male to female ratio.....which seems reasonable if the population data supports it but also seems to be a contradiction if the mallard population is shifting eastward.

Over on the eastside of Missouri, we think the mallards and ducks in general are headed west towards western Missouri and Kansas. I'd give you the tin foil hat conspiracy that the Busch family funded the expansion of 4 Rivers back in the early 2000's to divert from the big money in the St Charles Bottoms. That money is now fighting the development of a port near Winfield Dam near Winfield MO-- Look up the Great River Alliance sometime when you are bored.

Anywho

After looking at harvest data, it must be the ability to freelance in Oklahoma and Kansas that attracts OOS hunters (my opinion based on Kansas boys private messages about the number of OOS hunters etc)...... the averages and median kill numbers seem pretty stable so it isn't like there is a major impact in the ducks killed......and the ducks per man looks good from where I am sitting.

I remember when Sam "Bucketmouth" Powell would publish the duck counts for NE Oklahoma lakes etc..... we thought 20,000 ducks was a 'windfall' both literally and figuratively at a certain COE lake.

If you get the info and don't want to put it out on the forum(s), DM me and I'll give you an email address.

later

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Will do, sir.

Should have it in a couple days and will post up here.

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just checking in---- been photographing the spring migration and came home to rest a few days then back out again

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Supposed to meet with the guy next week and get hardcopy of the report.

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score