High gas prices

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
And without these gas taxes, who pays for road repair and construction???
My point is that it is a voluntary tax. If you don’t buy gas - you don’t pay taxes on that gas. If you buy gas to fill up your car - you pay taxes because your car is using the roads. If you have UPS deliver a package to your home - what you paid for postage and handling covers your packages % of fuel it took to get delivered. Buy an airline ticket - their will be a fuel fee in there somewhere. Don’t buy an airline ticket - you don’t have any fuel fees to worry about.

And if there’s a shortfall - don’t worry - the Federal Government will simply print more money - devaluing the purchasing power of the USD even more…

cootmeurer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Putins fault....Ukraine's fault.....keep the blame game fires stoked.
Nope, SCOTUS fault. They are currently to blame for everything wrong.
At least until next week when we throw some more blame against the wall and see what sticks.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
The leftist sycophants don't get it... "blame" is situational and not to be confused with problem solving, because blame is never focused upon identifying what is wrong in the first place.

Dirtybird420

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My point is that it is a voluntary tax. If you don’t buy gas - you don’t pay taxes on that gas. If you buy gas to fill up your car - you pay taxes because your car is using the roads. If you have UPS deliver a package to your home - what you paid for postage and handling covers your packages % of fuel it took to get delivered. Buy an airline ticket - their will be a fuel fee in there somewhere. Don’t buy an airline ticket - you don’t have any fuel fees to worry about.

And if there’s a shortfall - don’t worry - the Federal Government will simply print more money - devaluing the purchasing power of the USD even more…
Wish it worked that way for school.

capefearflyfox

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Long time local logger has decided to close up shop and sell off all his equipment. Bobby Goodson, who lives relatively close and I have met him several times on properties we have had logged, owns the company that was featured on the Discovery reality show "Swamp Loggers". Citing fuel cost and regulations, he said he won't go into deep debt just to keep it alive.

IV Hunt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score

letmwurk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Even better the Dims want to try price controls. That always works.

Taking a page straight from Nixon's playbook. That really worked well to control inflation.

Sometimes I scratch my head thinking these people can't be that dumb, and then they go and propose something that removes any doubt I had.

I've always thought that there should be a law that any bill introduced into congress or the state legislature must include the author's assessment of the second, third, fourth, and fifth derivative impacts of the proposed legislation. Those disclosures (or lack thereof) would be very telling