Hip boots in the rain

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on the chest wader front really I do. However, every pair I have ever owned leaked within 2 years of purchase and usually sooner than later. These briar proofs have survived a barbed wire entanglement and lived to tell the tale. Still using them after trapping in them hard for 5 seasons. October through March everyday.
Besides they are just to launch the boat. I have no intention of getting out of the boat.
Dans makes some quality gear for sure. Stuff is built to take punishment.

Fowl Intent

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hobbydog I was just seeing if anybody had a cool or alternative idea. Maybe something not many people thought of. I ain't a total dummy lol I knows dat plastik is waterproof

Fowl Intent

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Waist high waders. Wear them all the time. Easier on my arthritic shoulders and gives you a few more inches of wading depth.
Those would be slick I may look into those

I'm sure hobby dog can sympathize with you about wanting "a few more inches" haha

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I wear knee boots for blind hunts when it is dry weather…
any chance of rain, I break out the waist highs
Dry big time

toby

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
After 30 years with the rain pants hip boot combo I went to waist high waders and love them.

fowlplay

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about going back to breathables this year. Neos are just too warm for most of the season here in Southern Oregon. Tell me more about these waist highs, what brands are best?

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I used to get grief from my hunting partner because I wore neoprenes vs breathables. I finally joined the breathables crowd two years ago and I would never go back now.

Get some breathables and hunt comfortably in the rain.

Latest posts