Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Hockey fans....

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Grif, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

In my opinion it was high.

It definitely wasn't chest to chest.

He's unconscious before he hits the ice.

Taking into account the state of the game I'd say it was malicious and he should sit the rest of the playoffs. This coming from a Tom Wilson fan and defender.

millertime and KENNEDY63 like this.
  2. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Yeah....I can see your point as well as the points @KENNEDY63 made. I doubt there will be much hue and cry either way.

But.....a suspension would lesson the bad blood now in place for the series....and that's always fun in a playoff series, so I hope if a suspension comes its just a game.

3. Paul Myrdahl

Paul Myrdahl Senior Refuge Member

Hockey is a big boys sport. Keep your head up and you won't get your butt handed to you.
    Play the puck 1st. This ain't European hockey this is blood and guts north American playoff hockey!

4. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

You really think it would have made a difference if he had his head up? The only difference is he would have seen it coming.

millertime likes this.
  5. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

I’m guessing the guys saying play the puck first didn’t play hockey. I always took the body first as that is what I was taught. You play the puck first and you get juked. Obviously a bit different situation with him coming around the empty net but rule of thumb is body first. When I played I’d swipe my stick to get the offender to look down so I could lay him on his back. Dude should have had his head up. Lessons can be painful.

6. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

Absolutely. You can avoid or lesson a check in a split second. Did you play?

7. Paul Myrdahl

Paul Myrdahl Senior Refuge Member

That's the point. He would have seen it coming. Do you think he would have not acted differently if he had seen it coming?

8. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Agree.....How the hell did he NOT know it was coming??? :l

9. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Yes I played. Well with that logic. if Evans had time to protect himself once the puck was in the net (the puck was in the net before the hit), Sheifele could have avoided making the hit or lessened the hit once the play was over.

KENNEDY63 and Ruination like this.
  10. da grouch

da grouch Senior Refuge Member

Just watched it...looks to me like he had no business trying to put the puck into the empty net via unwritten rules. Guy was clearly mad at losing the game and prolly couldn't believe the opportunity to show it. Hockey is violent, most that play it understand it. The league feels they have to act now bc of the garbage feedback from people who have never understood the game. Playoff hockey brings out emotions that can be displayed by each individual player in a split seconds decision. The same hit under the same circumstance is the "fire" that brought that man to the NHL and now he sits to watch bc the world has changed, not Hockey btw...