Holding Blinds

Desire Dogs

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well after many proto-types I've got where I wanted to go with this project. We now have holding blinds for training. We make our stakes- 2 spikes per stake/painted steel. As for the blinds we have a 4 pole 12'x 4' model and a 3 pole 8'x4' model currently. And we should have a taller version by the end of the week. We offer them in Advantage Wetlands- lighter material. And a digital camo with 1000 denier nylon. Heres a picture of the Advantage Wetlands models.
HOLD-8x4x3p-AW.jpg

HOLD-12x4x4p-AW.jpg

Let me know what you think-- good :praand bad:doh.
Joe

CaptSanner295

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Joe they look great. I have been trying to build my own to save money but the stakes that will hold up to hammering has been the challenge.

TJ

straightline

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Look nice, the only suggestion I have would be aluminum poles as opposed to steel because of the weight.

ladyduckhunter

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Joe they look great. I have been trying to build my own to save money but the stakes that will hold up to hammering has been the challenge.

TJ

I bought 5' step in electric fence posts for my homemade blind. The are lightweight and I don't need a hammer to get them in the ground. Only drawback is they are white plastic, I couldn't find black in that length.

Losthwy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I LIKE the camo, all the other blinds are TOO DARK. I end up having to paint all my blinds and this is an improvement over brands. And the 3 pole version is nice as well, MUCH better than a 4 pole IMO. AL poles would be an improvement. I would like to see your other pattern.

Red Retrievers

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at making something similar. I have 2 pieces of 54"x12' camo I bought at walmart about $10 - $12 each. I plan to use 1" pvc cut to 54". These will be held in place by a piece of 1x6 12"long board with a 1" hole drilled in the center. A 6" long 1" dowel will be pushed through and glued into the hole. 1" pvc will fit over the dowel. I will drill several other holes in the 1x6 that I will use to put some spikes through to hold the blind in place. I'll post some pictures when I have it made.:pra

I have tried the push in the ground fence posts but they haven't been able to hold up well.

Losthwy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Red
Have you looked into getting some AL poles from Butch Green? They are best poles out there. His blinds are very well made though like most blinds (material)TOO dark. I had to paint mine.

Desire Dogs

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Can somebody weigh a aluminum pole exactly. Also, does the AL poles have one or 2 stakes in them. I'm figuring 2 because if not they would bend.
I just weighed the steel posts and they weigh 3 pounds 2 ounces each. The total weight of the 3 pole blind pictured above is 11 pounds 7 ounces.
I'll post some pictures of the digital blinds as soon as I get them finished.
Joe