California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Honker floaters.... need a few

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by mark seaters, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

Bigfoot floaters are killers

mudhen and freefall like this.
  2. dakinunit

dakinunit Elite Refuge Member

Bigfoot floaters are probably the best,I just like there dekes all around for honkers...

freefall likes this.
  3. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

Yeah , until DSD decides to make a Realistic Honker floater ... Big foot makes the best floater hands down .. One thing with Big Foots your not gonna tear them up ... They have to be the most durable decoys ever made ... I gave a few dozen FB BFs to a buddy when I went to all DSD and he's still killing geese over them and they were over 10 seasons old when I got rid of them .... Tuff *** decoys that get the job done .....

freefall likes this.
  4. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Looks like we have a few big foot fans here.. I have a few full bodies that I use in my smaller honker spread, I like the looks of the profile and they are tough as rocks but they seem a little to light in color with in my other fully flocked boys. So I use them off to side of the little pocket I hunt. Birds seem to like them....I think it is profile as to where I have them placed.... ??

With that said..... I looked at BF floaters on line and compared them to other floater and I just can't get on board with the color..ya it might be just me but I'm kind of picky when it comes to details and I look at my stuff in blue bird conditions as I feel anything can get it done in "duck weather"

Keeping in mind I'm only looking for a few to replace the four I have now that accent my small spread of 18 full bodies. I don't hunt big water, or fields..just a little mud puddle and I'm just cleaning things up..

The toughness of BF is nice..All my stuff is babied nothing is beat up, tossed around or abused so paint chipping or loss is not as important as realism..

You bigfoot lovers like the color??? Not to white/light colored..??? thoughts please..

How about you non goose hunters ?? which would you set in your spread ?

Bigfoots
    [​IMG]

Greenhead gear

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  5. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

No help here ???

6. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

Its not about what I like....its about what the dead geese liked...
    I forget what the deek company was/is...the dudes that make those solid foam can decoys (old school looking deeks) ...? We have some that are 25 years old or 20 probably..they dont look that great compared to the new looking deeks but those deeks have killed a bunch of birds over the years and they hold up. They are beat to death but they still look pretty good and its the first ones we put out...
    Addionally.... the BF floaters, at least for me...never leaked. Paint is GREAT. I have had to repair over 30 of the GHG floaters last couple of years.. leakers

7. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

I’ve been hunting over BF floaters for years and not once have the geese said the color was wrong. There’s been a few times they said my calling was wrong, or my blind wasn’t right, or my shooting needed help...but never a peep about the color of the decoys.

mark seaters, freefall and mudhen like this.
  8. pumpgunner

pumpgunner Elite Refuge Member

Seems like on the goose forums anytime the topic comes up, Bigfoot’s get the number one vote

freefall likes this.
  9. Favaloro

Favaloro Elite Refuge Member

Big foots have had many of geese killed over them. As expressed before they are solid when it comes to durability. To me I would shoot for something more realistic or if you are only hunting a few decoys. Then have a few big foots hand painted. There are a lot of options when it comes to decoys and when hunting over them often I would go with durability. Idk about the avian floaters but my lesser fb’s I took a wire brush to and they didn’t even flake. They are a good decoy in my opinion.

10. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member