Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Hot Heads Out There

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Tailfeathers, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Finally went food shopping. A little weird, some with masks, some with gloves. All went well then I get to the parking lot with my stuff. Almost done loading it into my trunk when I hear a guy cursing loud behind me at his van. He curses, slams the hatchback down hard ( I was expecting the glass to shatter) and he runs his empty cart across to the cart cage and slams the cart into the others with a lot of force. I am closing my trunk, watching him from the side of my eye and my right hand is on my hip under my shirt. I stop closing my trunk and buy some time messing with a few bags inside to stall. I Dont want to get in my car which would put my back to him. He looks at me, pauses and then walks off. I get in my car and pull slowly thru the empty spot in front of me, again slowly. Another guy pulls up, not going fast and starts getting all batschmitt about me breaking the rules waving his hands and shouting in his car. I wave as politely as I can and he wont let up. He’s ranting now. I pull away and he almost burns rubber driving into the spot. Plenty of parking all around, people are social distancing their cars too. Everyones just trying to deal with all this. So now, a few seconds later the guy in The van is behind me. I make sure to make a right away from the exit and he turns left.
    I feel sorry for them. I dont know what they are going through, maybe laid off, maybe the wife left one of them, maybe they lost their future in investments.
    All of us.....go in peace.

2. Juan De

Juan De Senior Refuge Member

Yeah, I try to be extra understanding during these times for reasons mentioned in the op. You just never know what is happening to someone else.

WHUP ! Hen, Clam, sno and 2 others like this.
  3. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

That was me in the van.
    I noticed how you hoarded all the Reese's peanut butter eggs. The limit was 2 packs per person....two !!

4. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

I'm no saint by any means but I really try to be as easy going as I can in situations like that. At the grocery store or Walmart or whatever. My times not life or death. I'm not in a huge hurry. Like Juan said especially in times like this. I know the cashiers are dealing with alot and they have to put up with every one of those customers so I try to be extra nice to them, maybe joke around and give them a laugh if I can or whatever I can do to make their job easier.

5. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

My wife came back with the allotment for me.

riverrat47, Il. MudDuk and widgeon like this.
  6. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Stay strapped,or get clapped.

7. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

So, what "rules" did you allegedly break?

8. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

I went to the grocery store the afternoon right before our states shelter in place order was scheduled to go out. Was on my way home from work. Needed some small human supplies we were running low on. The governor went on and made his statement while i was in the store. Between the time i walked in and the time i left that store was a different animal. I was unaware of how important frozen pizza was to so many people.

Waxed Canvas likes this.
  9. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I guess you are not supposed to drive through the parking spot ahead of you when you leave instead of backing out of your spot, cause someone might coming into that spot in front of you at the same time. There was no emergency stop by that guy. He was just going ballistic for other reasons and use this as an excuse to act like the world is going crazy and lawless when it was actually him that over reacted and wouldn’t let it go.

10. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

....and they laughed at me for buying another freezer.....and a generator......and having a 500 gallon propane backup......and living in a rural area.......let the zombies roam.

Scoutman, Clam, Quarne and 1 other person like this.