House Push to Repeal Pittman-Robertson

salthunter

Reaction score
The ploy of an onerous tax on firearms being a reason to do away with P-R is simply that. A far more liberal court than current already stated an onerous tax wouldn’t stand constitutional muster. This is nothing more than a vote grab by a few republican politicians while being quietly applauded by antis and supported by shortsighted political idealists and people who are ignorant of what P-R is and who pushed it in the first place.

By the way, your rights are taxed one way or another every day.
Great summary!!! (sadly accurate)

coachcornbread

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’m not the least bit surprised that Reps Foxx and Cawthorne support it. They are both pshycos. I’m gonna send them an email in the morning but I doubt it will do any good.

Reactions: JFG

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Posted this in the political forum, but wanted to put it here since it is a hunting issue.

HR 8167 isn’t being talked about much, but it’s horrible legislation for our wildlife resources and for every hunter, shooter and angler. It would repeal the biggest source of conservation funding in the world, and it would move our chair away from the table in conservation decision making. Pittman-Robertson was developed, pushed forward and supported by sportsmen. The only people for this legislation are republicans who are ignorant of the history of the law AND liberal environmentalists who want us out of the picture. Check the list, and make a call if your representative is supporting it.

gearjunkie.com

Breaking: House Bill Proposes Repealing Pittman-Robertson Act

I never expected to see my guy’s name on the list but there it is… Andy Harris. Just contacted his office.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I never expected to see my guy’s name on the list but there it is… Andy Harris. Just contacted his office.

Most of them just blindly signed on to repeal a tax they didn’t even know about. From what I’m hearing they aren’t happy with the sponsors leading them down that trail because of the unexpected pushback.

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Bill. I was unaware this garbage was being proposed but you can bet I’ll be contacting Rosendale and letting him know where I stand on this.

Never in my life thought I’d be in a position to write a Congressman in favor of a tax.

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score
Posted this in the political forum, but wanted to put it here since it is a hunting issue.

Thank you for bringing it here. I posted in my States forum - especially after seeing an Idahoan representative joining in, in this stupidity.

If you all look at the list and see a Representative from your state - share it in your state forum here!

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score
Ok - put a link in each states subform that had a representative from their state backing this crap, just in case some of those guys don't visit the main forum.

This is what I shared with them:

Breaking: House Bill Proposes Repealing Pittman-Robertson Act​

You have a member of your States Government that is supporting this! Check out the list and contact everyone from your State that is supporting this garbage!

You can see them as one of those that are supporting this repeal, here:

Losing the Pittman-Robertson Act would be a huge blow to wildlife conservation. Here is a great statement in regards to this:

HR 8167 isn’t being talked about much, but it’s horrible legislation for our wildlife resources and for every hunter, shooter and angler. It would repeal the biggest source of conservation funding in the world, and it would move our chair away from the table in conservation decision making. Pittman-Robertson was developed, pushed forward and supported by sportsmen. The only people for this legislation are republicans who are ignorant of the history of the law AND liberal environmentalists who want us out of the picture. Check the list, and make a call if your representative is supporting it.