House Push to Repeal Pittman-Robertson

BTJ

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Lol buddy it’s the freedom caucus on this one, there isn’t a single D supporting it. Vote red fine but don’t be a blind supporter. You can still email them and tell I’m them it’s a terrible idea.

Thanks bill for bringing it up, we need all the funds we can get for conservation. Wish there was more from other sources also.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Lol buddy it’s the freedom caucus on this one, there isn’t a single D supporting it. Vote red fine but don’t be a blind supporter. You can still email them and tell I’m them it’s a terrible idea.

Thanks bill for bringing it up, we need all the funds we can get for conservation. Wish there was more from other sources also.
The other side is staying quiet and hoping it slithers through. Would be a huge gift for the antis, and they know it. I vote for the candidate with whom I have the most views in common, and then I fight for the rest.

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just had an interesting conversation with one of our local Friends of NRA, which was not familiar with the bill. He is going to contact IL NRA to find their position. He was familiar with PRA & does not feel that it should be repealed. Meanwhile I wait for a reply from Bost.

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The other side is staying quiet and hoping it slithers through. Would be a huge gift for the antis, and they know it. I vote for the candidate with whom I have the most views in common, and then I fight for the rest.

Agree 100%, but everyone should voice their opinion when the reps support something in which they do not agree.

Last edited:

BTJ

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Slithers thru? They have the majority they’d have to vote for it and they won’t. Y’all dramatically overstate how many antis there are out there. I live in a liberal area and hardly run into any. Most libs I meet, and it’s a lot, are genuinely curious about hunting but didn’t have parents who hunt and so they don’t either. I would say they aren’t so receptive to ars though.

End of the day it’s bad legislation no matter who votes for it so write your rep.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Slithers thru? They have the majority they’d have to vote for it and they won’t. Y’all dramatically overstate how many antis there are out there. I live in a liberal area and hardly run into any. Most libs I meet, and it’s a lot, are genuinely curious about hunting but didn’t have parents who hunt and so they don’t either. I would say they aren’t so receptive to ars though.

End of the day it’s bad legislation no matter who votes for it so write your rep.

You misunderstand what I’ve tried to get across. A lot of the heavy green enviros would love to get rid of user based conservation funding. The politicians won’t come out and be seen as against a tax which funds wildlife conservation because of the optics, but they want it coming from anywhere other than sportsmen. Most libs lead pretty normal lives and don’t spend much time worrying about this stuff. Those around decision makers however…

BTJ

Refuge Member
Reaction score
You misunderstand what I’ve tried to get across. A lot of the heavy green enviros would love to get rid of user based conservation funding. The politicians won’t come out and be seen as against a tax which funds wildlife conservation because of the optics, but they want it coming from anywhere other than sportsmen. Most libs lead pretty normal lives and don’t spend much time worrying about this stuff. Those around decision makers however…
My bad- I agree that hunters have an outsized seat at the table for sure due to our heavy contribution to conservation and I would like to keep it that way!

buck_master_2001

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Always have, always will.
That’s exactly what they want. Hence why they don’t care what they do or don’t do. They know they will still get votes. Then we wonder why this country is such a mess. We can blame the politicians all we want. However, ultimately it’s the voters fault for putting these two parties in power over and over again and expecting different results.