Hovey Lake FWA Meeting 3/29

Jethro48

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Lol ya I'm sure they have an agenda behind it!

Big Ches

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys care where the office is located? And please explain to me what hidden agenda could be behind it.

You expect someone to work out of a mobile trailer and just move it when a flood is coming? Sounds like a great place to call home. You should probably move to NW Indiana you'd blend right in.

BadBowtie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have it back to where it originally was. The bad thing about it being away from the ramp (original) location, it that it is a rat race to the ramp. I think they are wanting it up towards Sabic because of the office being closer to town for people to visit and utilities are more readily available (mainly decent internet I believe).

Big Ches

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't think placing an office in a major floodplain location that's more convenient for waterfowlers to get to the boat ramp is good use of state dollars.

smashdn

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys care where the office is located? And please explain to me what hidden agenda could be behind it.

Parking at the trailer is a pain in the arse. Lots more room at the ramp parking lot and you are right there at the launch. Go ahead and loosen your boat and get your gear ready prior to the draw. Draw your area and launch and get out of the way quick.

Only downsides to doing it that way are if you don't get drawn you got to tie everything down and load back up and you might get some of your gear jacked.

IIRC there is better lighting in the lot at the ramp than the trailer.

Jethro48

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Plus having it away from boat ramp there's been people who haven't even drawed launched and took off before drawings were had

BIGOOSE

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
From what I was told the draws will be held at the office down by the dam this season. Their plans are to still move the office, but I heard Tomes wanted more info recently.
I herd yesterday that this is last year for the draw.It will be self serve after this year. Dont know if that is true or how that will work.

duckmann

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I herd yesterday that this is last year for the draw.It will be self serve after this year. Dont know if that is true or how that will work.
If true I need to get a concession stand set up along with ticket sales at the ramp for the action that will occur!! It's more likely they'll use the JP excuse of lack of personnel and just cancel hunting on the property.

Big Ches

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Y'all and all your negativity :dv

Please channel that negativity towards Hillary and her followers instead. Thanks :tu

oldman1949

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Have a hard time understanding why folks that feel a place is so screwed up yet they keep going back to it .