How are bird numbers at Santee?

SDDRAKE

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Its like John Dutton said, it looks like the guides got a little curve ball from the Corps . Maybe it will help alittle.

Koots1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good old Barnie, he single handedly exposed the area to the masses with the Take Em videos and now he is frustrated by guides working the area, go figure. I am all for closing the hunting down beginning at 1:00 pm everyday between the upper end of L&C lake all the way to Fort Randall Dam (not likely to happen). I would also like to see the state of Nebraska have a special out of state license to hunt that area and then limit the number of licenses available (never will happen). I have hunted up there for over 20 years and can't even begin to describe how crazy the early morning boat traffic is zipping through the chutes between Santee and Springfield. At least the permanent blinds are no longer allowed, that was another one I scratched my head over.

ED Vanderbeck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Kansas ranks number 49 out of 50 in acreage of public lands only worst than Rhode Island I believe. hell we see 50 trucks on 700 acre wma in Eastern Kansas