How do we really make hunting and gun ownership sustainable?

Mike0311

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
When Military assault weapons started to be offered to the public , is when crap started hitting the fan ! These are not hunting guns , they're for killing
people , very few are converted for hunting purposes other than punching paper ! When these guns are put in the hands of , those who looking for power ,
the only out come is , mentally disturbed people fighting off the demons ! Our Liberal society's foolish control with Dos regulations , just goes to show
how out of context we really are , those with mental problems are ignored as we don't have time to address the issue . It seems to be getting worst and
until we as a society pay more attention to our "offspring" , to know what their thinking is , with some guidance , best be looking over your shoulder ?
You have got to be kidding, military type firearms have always been available to civilians. From the musket to the fifty cal. The government is the issue, always has been. The reason things that didn't happen 50 years ago are happening now is because the government has deemed all the things that kept them from happening to be unsafe or wrong by some ******** standards they themselves made up.

molliesmaster

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes. Yes I am.

That’s the problem. That’s a battle you can’t win.

You can’t legislate morality nor safety.

American society killed God 50 years ago and turned to self as the highest significance. When your thoughts and ideals never go higher than self, then only what is in your best interest will ever be foremost. Apply pressure and you’ll see just how true it is.

I’m all for safety at schools and gun toting Americans doing the protecting. But the issue at hand is not guns or mental illness, but a love problem. Americans are lovers of self. Everything else is second, including their neighbors quality of life if it stands in their way.

Look around, we’ve devalued other life all the way around. Women can kill babies in the name of “choice” as a matter of convenience for self.

Now, you tell me that you want this society to value others when all we teach or show or value is self. The values have got to go up to a higher place.

Blackduck

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Time to burn the mf'r to the ground and start over then. :flame

mightywalleyehunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes, but are you willing to fund the programs that will actually help the mentally ill be safer, housing the homeless, making the inner city streets safer, etc. See, that’s where conservatives usually balk. Having guns doesn’t make you bulletproof, or even more safe, according to actual studies of the numbers involved. As an upland hunter and waterfowler, I’ve got several shotguns that are kept safe, and we have no kids. My record is as clean as anybody out there, after 40 years working in a university police department. We had the regional trauma center in our hospital in Sacramento. Mental health patients had to be medically cleared in our ER prior to being taken across the street to the county mental health center. Our ER got pretty “interesting” at times, to the point we had at least one police officer in ER at all times, in addition to two or three non-sworn security officers. Trust me, no politician out there has actually said they are willing to spend the money actually needed to significantly reduce violence in our community. Not one of even the most liberal of them. That said, the conservative approach seems to have shifted from “Law and order first; fund the police as much as they want,” to “Thr cops are out to get us, every man for himself.” That is never going to make things better, in my opinion.
Maybe in your state because its a centralized mess. I think society, legislative efficiency, and "law and order" would benefit from less of a centralized footprint. Even with the fusion of culture across America, I think our nation is way too diverse and different culturally to be efficiently ruled on a federal level. The federal government should exist to maintain the integrity (no secession) and sovereignty (repeal foreign invaders) of the nation and set the base legal parameters to protect the human rights every state (or an extremely significant portion) agrees on.

Federal tax should only fund the military, federal legal system and it's ability to enforce the base parameters, etc.

"Trust me, no politician out there has actually said they are willing to spend the money actually needed to significantly reduce violence in our community." if the states have the freedom to personalize their governments to the THEIR peoples needs I think we would see real change on local levels. The federal government bogs down states abilities to function I believe far more than people realize through funding, and grants.

Just take a look at the Roman Empire, which we still pale in relative scale too. It's downfall was when consecutive emperors increased the micromanagement of the empire by people in Rome and it's outer provinces were no longer capable of flourishing from tailored management and the benefit of a powerful military to protect it.

Gotta browbeat "those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it" because its very very true.

Just a rough vision of how I think America should operate, it changes through time, but I'd like to think it's kinda on the right track.

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Like tanks, APCs, blackhawk helos, or grenade launchers?

What I'm saying , without someone trying to put false words in my mouth , it was inevitable as motion pictures glorifying machoism with
a AR style rifles , killing people , that it wouldn't be long before we started having problems ! You didn't see these things happen with true
hunting rifles ? These are SICK People who enjoy the Blood-Baths of people getting killed ! But , lets not forget the latch-key kids who
are given money to go to the movies showing this exact thing happening ? I agree everyone has 2 elbows and opinions are just that too ,
take away those SICK movies that Actors are paid millions for and bring back Dads and Moms with their kids , at the trap range !
Did you know , Youth trap shooting is offered at several Jr and Senior High Schools ? And , most of the cost are paid my Shooters / Hunters
like US ! just saying

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here.......read this....it ends the debate.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

ripline

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
^^^^^EXACTLY^^^^^

tripper

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes, but are you willing to fund the programs that will actually help the mentally ill be safer, housing the homeless, making the inner city streets safer, etc. See, that’s where conservatives usually balk.
No, because they don't work. Name one that has.

Latest posts