How do we really make hunting and gun ownership sustainable?

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The M.O. of the past thirty years is NOT sustainable and if we do not adapt to a different strategy, we will become extinct through attrition. Gun ownership is way up while hunting participation is way down. That did not happen by chance. And it isn't a good thing. The next thirty years we need to take a better approach...

Then come up with a different strategy. I've been hunting over 50 years....and in each of those years I have understood that hunting has NOTHING to do with my right to keep guns. It never will.

grahler

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The M.O. of the past thirty years is NOT sustainable and if we do not adapt to a different strategy, we will become extinct through attrition. Gun ownership is way up while hunting participation is way down. That did not happen by chance. And it isn't a good thing. The next thirty years we need to take a better approach...
Huh. New member.
Imagine that.

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Firearm ownership is a Constitutional Right.
Hunting is a privilege.

You are born with certain inalienable rights, the Second Amendment is the bulwark to protecting those.
Hunting is a taught behavior and those that do not encourage and foster such to succeeding generations are in dereliction of duty.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Firearm ownership is a Constitutional Right.
Hunting is a privilege.

You are born with certain inalienable rights, the Second Amendment is the bulwark to protecting those.
Hunting is a taught behavior and those that do not encourage and foster such to succeeding generations are in dereliction of duty.

Excellent! All of my kids hunt AND carry a firearm when they feel the need. It is my absolute belief that they will do the same with their children one day. I added 3 hunters to the rolls and 3 fervent 2nd Amendment protectionists. Teach your children well.