How is it lookin in ND?

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Rangerbob, Nov 28, 2016.

1. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Doooontchaknoooooow

2. Eyehunter83

Eyehunter83 New Member

Any updates on numbers in the southeastern part of the state? Heading that way tomorrow for a few days.

Thanks!

3. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Can’t tell you for sure but I’m guessing from a few posts I’ve seen on FB it should be pretty good. After the las

4. Eyehunter83

Eyehunter83 New Member

Thanks pork chop, I'll try to remember to post an update while we are out there for anyone interested.

Bullet21XD and PorkChop like this.
  5. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Senior Refuge Member

6. Eyehunter83

Eyehunter83 New Member

Quick update - We got back last night from hunting 3 days in the southeastern part of the state. Most water was open, however, areas with shallow water that froze hard a couple weeks ago had very few birds. The birds we did find were located in areas with larger, deeper lakes that stayed open. There were lots of snow geese moving through and fair numbers of ducks and dark geese. Good luck if you are headed that direction.

7. Eyehunter83

Eyehunter83 New Member

Last update - went back Saturday and Sunday for the last 2 days on my license. Hunting was similar to earlier in the week, although it seemed like there were less snows around and more dark geese. Lots of the smaller and mid size water was starting to freeze. Still good numbers of mallards in our area but lots of locals deer hunting so harder to get field access than earlier in the week. We hunted water and did alright. Good luck to anyone going out.

PorkChop likes this.
  8. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

9. livtohunt1on1

livtohunt1on1 Senior Refuge Member

Amazing how fast things can change...what a dry fall. Good for some like farmers I guess.

10. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

It's crazy dry in all of the upper mid-west with little change. The Minnesota river is literally almost dry, Its' lower than I've almost ever seen it. So much can change between now and spring nesting but we need a miracle at this point.