How is it lookin in ND?

FriedPotatoes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

zoops

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Some cool pictures/video on the ND highway patrol page of clearing 94. Drove it yesterday, lots of places in the valley city area where there are 5-6’ walls of snow lining the highway. Looking like a fast melt coming, going to be some insane sheet water. Picture of my friend’s mailbox in Fargo:
66C6C300-B757-49BA-A202-4ED2AD2F800E.jpeg

Crew_ChiefND

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Was in the PPR this weekend, plenty of ducks around and extra temporary water around. Had some decent rains last week, but in need of some heat and wind to dry the fields up to get planting started. Will be interesting to see how the El Nino weather pattern will set up and pan out this summer.

Nodakr

Reaction score
yeah i was there about 10 days ago chasing the last of the snow geese across the border. lots of water and lots of ducks and pheasants around. the wetland index should be very good. kept on flushing the same mallard pair out of the trees around our farmyard that i assume were looking for a nesting site. saw several groups of all drakes together too assuming the hens are on the nest. predominant species i saw were mallard, shoveler, pintail, blue wings and gadwall. lots of farmers planting small grains in the western half of state. seemed a bit later further east. our farm has gotten close to 2 inches of nice soaking rain since i left. looking forward to 2023 season.

Eyehunter83

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
yeah i was there about 10 days ago chasing the last of the snow geese across the border. lots of water and lots of ducks and pheasants around. the wetland index should be very good. kept on flushing the same mallard pair out of the trees around our farmyard that i assume were looking for a nesting site. saw several groups of all drakes together too assuming the hens are on the nest. predominant species i saw were mallard, shoveler, pintail, blue wings and gadwall. lots of farmers planting small grains in the western half of state. seemed a bit later further east. our farm has gotten close to 2 inches of nice soaking rain since i left. looking forward to 2023 season.
Good to hear Nodakr, I didn’t think many pheasants would survive the snowy winter but it seems like most did. Should be a good fall in ND for the bird hunter.

Crew_ChiefND

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Nodakr, I didn’t think many pheasants would survive the snowy winter but it seems like most did. Should be a good fall in ND for the bird hunter.
I wouldn't go jumping to say that about the pheasants just yet. It was one of the more wildlife habitat crushing winters in quite awhile. NDGF roadside crow counts will give some indication of the winter survivors, but I'll put money down that they are down quite a bit from last year.

Latest posts