Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

How long have you been getting your haircut at the same place or same person?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Jan 17, 2021.

1. auto5

auto5 Elite Refuge Member

Well was going to same guy for 4+ years until C19 took that away for a chunk of last year

Started cutting my own

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I went to Supercuts in San Rafael, California in September of 1979. This gal cut my hair and we had a really nice conversation about subjects we were both interested in. I called back that night, got her on the phone and asked her out. She said "I have a boyfriend" (he was away at college and we all know that doesn't last). So I told her "I just want to be friends". We got together and the rest is history. Married in 1983 and still married to this day.

Only twice in the last 41+ years has someone else cut my hair. In both instances, we'd gotten into a disagreement which led to my loss of hair cut privileges. In both cases I set out to "teach" her that anyone could cut my hair and both times, I got really bad haircuts. I hate it when she is always right. :l

Diver Slayer, Wareagle1, Mort and 4 others like this.
  3. Close Shot

Close Shot Senior Refuge Member

Wife cuts mine with a one guard. It cost me $25 for the shaver about ten years ago and she has cut it since.

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I have more hair on my head than most guys ever did at any age. I cant grow a decent beard.
    I dont care who cuts it.. But being cheap I prefer my wife cut it,.. bad cut,.. Ill wear a hat:p
    We did have a neighbor girl, friend of our daughters. Certainly the most and best entertainment for a cuts. But moved too far away .
    I dont have a problem doing my own summer buzz cuts,.. but my wife doesnt like that look,..

5. Peter Goodman

Peter Goodman Senior Refuge Member

48 Years with same girl with one time exception. Was getting it cut when I had 18 at shop my Fad had been going to by same guy who was out one day. Vicky was new hire so she stepped in. Liked the job she did better so switched to her. Few years later owner of shop hit up on her and she went elsewhere, calling me to tell me she moved. So I did too. She has changed location couple times but she always tells me where she is. One exception was had appointment about the time she was having a baby - so after a cut she took pictures and gave them to guy in next chair in case she was out next visit. Baby born so guy in next chair did it. Vicky was back on in a month, and has been cutting my hair for 24 years since. I dread when she decides to retire...

Shirleyshusband likes this.
  6. glock

glock Refuge Member

Use a number 1 on the sides and a number 2 on the top. Been about 20 years since I had someone else cut my hair.

7. BJH

BJH Senior Refuge Member

60 years!
    Since l was 2 years old! I'm 62 this year! Most of the original family is gone. Last barber that worked with the family passed last year. Girl that last worked there just boought the place from the last family member. It's now Moore's Barber Shop & Ruth's cut 'n Style! Only problem now, women come in, so no cuss'n, drink'n or nasty stories! Does look nice in ther now! My grandma took me to George when my folks were on vacation. They said my mom cried when she saw me! But l was still cute, l saw the picture!

8. hardhuntr

hardhuntr Senior Refuge Member

Started getting a chrome dome at 20. Looked at my dad's comb over and thought aww hell no. Been shaving it for the last 25 years.

Wareagle1 likes this.
  9. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Same shop, same girl since about 1982. I like tradition.....

10. Sam Ortmann

Sam Ortmann Senior Refuge Member

I got a number 2 buzz cut from dad till I was old enough to realize I have a lumpy azz head and started caring about the way it looked. I tried to get him to go to a number 5 and he refused, so I convinced my sister to start cutting my hair. When I was old enough to get myself to a barber shop I did. I’ve been going to him ever since. He’s in his 80’s, I swear he was like the third guy to learn how to use electric clippers, and his hands shake he has Parkinson’s. But my hairline is already receding and thinning on top and baldness runs in the family. So I’m gonna enjoy having hair while I can.

Wareagle1 and newduk like this.