California Flyway Forum Sponsors

How many geese

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by JuvieCoot, Jan 28, 2020.

1. DBukiah

DBukiah Senior Refuge Member

Fact

2. Gomer

Gomer Elite Refuge Member

I hope that’s true. And that those dopes walked through their decoy spread looking for a cripple. I can only imagine how that conversation would have gone. I would have been recording on my phone as the azzhats searched around for their crippled “snow goose”.

3. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

It happened at a pretty reputable club. A friend of mine was hunting an adjacent blind. Dumbass in the next blind shot. My bud asked him " I guess you just thought we didn't see them when they flew 10 feet from our blind"???????? I think they reported it to authorities.

Back in 1996, I was solo hunting at Crab Orchard(IL), and a federal game warden checked me, then proceed to hang out in the blind for a while. It was a dark, overcast day with low clouds, and poor visibility. I faintly saw a small V of birds flying in the distance, and hit the call. They approached, and circle a couple of times. The agent was super excited, and totally digging it. I kept calling, and as they started to get closer, and reached for my gun and set it between my legs. The birds were totally cupped at about 75 yards, and I set my gun back in the corner. The agent asked"what are you doing"as they broke through the clouds and landed in the decoys, I smiled at the agent and said,"they're swans". It was a total "oh ****"moment for the agent.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  4. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Elite Refuge Member

5. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

For those of you that don't hunt at private clubs in Arkansas, the tradition there is for the guide to keep whatever bands are shot whether they shot them, or their client shot them. anyway,...... Friends of mine were guides for Monsanto's club. they had a regular annual guest that was crazy about claiming and keeping bands. so during the off season, my buddy found a dead pelican on the farm that happened to have a band on it. the following season when they hosted the (claimer) guest, they attached the band to a goose that was shot. a fight ensued, and eventually, my buddy relinquished the bird and band to the guest. Several days later the guest called the band in. Not long after that federal agents showed up at his house:l

letmwurk and Gomer like this.
  6. pgquackstacker

pgquackstacker Senior Refuge Member

Got it from a very reliable source. Story is that one warden walked out to the blind it died at, picked it up and talked to the guys that witnessed it. Then went over with multiple wardens to the shooters and dealt with them. Must’ve been quite the scene.

I also heard some swans got shot at Yolo today but not sure of the story or how accurate...

Gomer likes this.
  7. Berdnird

Berdnird Senior Refuge Member

4 swans got dropped at Yolo on Sunday. Neighboring blind reported it upon checking out. Swan shooters had bailed before then.

8. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

That's not a snow goose?

9. pgquackstacker

pgquackstacker Senior Refuge Member

4301C9BF-B2E8-4E5B-900D-C7A311416D61.png
    Someone sent me this pic of this incident lol. Lots of mistakes today it sounds like

Wetlandguy likes this.
  10. Gomer

Gomer Elite Refuge Member

If those shooters don’t have a guilty conscience after that..........