California Flyway Forum Sponsors

How many geese

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by JuvieCoot, Jan 28, 2020.

1. wildlife97

wildlife97 Refuge Member

Some counties are great at DFW cases. I know the Colusa DA himself won CDFW DA of the Year a couple years ago. I've heard Butte is good too. But obviously there are some that suck.

From what I've heard, federal courts are good at "big cases" (the baiting, severe overlimit, etc.) and not so much the cases where tickets are simply written. Also need to remember some fed wardens can write state and federal tickets..

double limit likes this.
  2. Scal les

Scal les Refuge Member

See a bag of live rounds the warden was holding ,they must of been over the 25 round limit.first time iv heard of someone mistaking a 40 lb for a snow goose.

3. 831duckhunter

831duckhunter Refuge Member

3 guys next to us killed at least 9 sprig. Grasslands

4. ElkNuts

ElkNuts Senior Refuge Member

Probably the same as the car load of drunk mexicans that pulled over to all take a **** on a construction site I was on. Cop pulled up and everyone said they were not the one that was driving. He couldn't ticket any of them for a DUI but they did have to walk away and their car was towed.

5. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Elite Refuge Member

More good comes from the car towed than the dui

Bigshot75 and yellowlabhunter like this.
  6. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

They look like that junk ..Banded Gear and they'll need new ones every other time they wear them because I've heard they are flat out expensive garbage ...
    But for some reason state dfw workers and (check station guys) get the same discount as an outfitter does through Sitka ...40-60% off .... Makes no sense at all that they don't give outfitters the discount on waders ..... Who better to showcase your product than a guy that lives in waders the entire season and has lots of potential customers throughout the season .... But what do I know .....

7. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

You and Dan are right, I got them confused.:tu

8. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Yesterday the snows and specks around blind were still flying 100 yards high or better, did not see the dumb ones being mentioned.

9. DanL

DanL Refuge Member

I saw a guy dump one at Delevan a few years back , followed by the clunks of decoys being bagged and a kid’s voice saying, “Why fo we have to leave so early, Dad?” That thing crumpled like a Sandhill Crane! (Think lawn chair tossed from a helicopter.)

10. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

Speaking of Pelicans...the pelicans at Pyramid lake will poop out striper tags from the Delta... thats a long way for a snack.