Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

How much sleep?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by salthunter, Nov 1, 2020.

1. BRANES91

BRANES91 Refuge Member

10PM-5AM, usually wake up 2-3 times to take a leak or move an arm that has fallen asleep. Usually fall back asleep pretty quickly.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  2. WaterFoulHunter

WaterFoulHunter Senior Refuge Member

7 hours is fine for me and I can get by for a week on only 5 hours a night-or less for one night. At 62 now, after a night of less than 5 hours I need a good catch up the following night.

3. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

My sleep is dictated by work and play. I can sleep 8 with no problem....but I'm good to go on whatever I get.

4. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

If I could get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night that would be great. Unfortunately my father (age 90) broke his hip several months ago and has a host of other problems to boot. My shift is 2000 hours to 0800 hours, 7 days a week. My normal amount of sleep has been 5 to 6 hours of sleep with having to tend to him 2 to 9 times a night. Sometimes I just give up after 3 hours of sleep.

5. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

Sorry for your position, glad you can make it work tho.

Doug Koepke and PaulinKansas like this.
  6. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Stay with it! I never got that chance and I regret it....you never will.

Doug Koepke likes this.
  7. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

Hang in there. I feel for you.

Doug Koepke likes this.
  8. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

5-6 hours is normal for me. Much more than that and I’m grumpy unless I went to bed absolutely exhausted. I’m not normally in bed before 12:30-1 and up at 6. I may be able to go to bed earlier now that baseball season is over. Being a Dodgers fan on the east coast and wanting to watch every game can get difficult.

9. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Several people over the years have told me if they slept as little as me, they would die. Most of the time, I can go to sleep easily, just can't stay asleep. If I could sleep thru the night without waking up, that would be nice. Typical night for me is, go to bed at whatever time, wake up after about 3 hours, stay up another couple or 3 hours, then back to bed for another hour or so.

10. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

I see that day coming. I wake up after 3 hours, but I can adjust and get back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. But if I'm not right back to sleep I just get up.....that only happens 2 or 3 times per month....but it used to never happen.

OneShotBandit and newduk like this.