Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

How redneck are you?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by PaulinKansas, Jan 10, 2021.

1. PaulinKansas

PaulinKansas Elite Refuge Member

Here is how this post works. You post something that describes how much of a redneck you are. The next person that makes a post rates the above post on a scale of 1-10, and then describes something on how much of a redneck they are. You can make multiple posts on your redneck feats. It's up to you to keep a running total of your score. Keep your running total posted in your future posts.

I'll start off: I welded a rotary cutter (bush hog) in the field with 3 car batteries in a series to provide a 36 volt, 500 amp power source. I used jumper cables as leads and vice grip pliers to hold the rod.

copperatiosu likes this.
  2. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

I've won a turkey calling contest.

widgeon likes this.
  3. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

I give you a 10! I say 10! I am not too much of a redneck anymore. In my younger days, I had a Jeep and used to do a lot of wheeling up in the Sierra's. When things break, you get real creative. Removed a broken tie rod end and replaced it with not much more than two rocks and a stick once. Straightened a tie rod that was bent into a horse shoe with the use of the hitch receiver on my bumper and a lot of muscle. Had my frame and a spun hub welded on the trail more than once, but not with a series of batteries like you used. A friend lost his right front wheel and hub on the trail and we cut down a small sapling and strapped it to the leaf springs with cargo straps and he used it like a ski to drive back to camp. Ran in a mud race once....and lost. Does appreciating young ladies wearing rebel flag bikinis count?

hunting1 likes this.
  4. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

My first job as a kid was catching and selling worms. My dad made a pair of electrical shockers to help encourage worms out of the ground. There I was on a wet lawn sitting in a aluminum lawn with my AM transistor radio. Yep I experienced several electrical tickles.

Rubberhead likes this.
  5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

4. Would have been a 9 if you won using just your voice.

Just had a bunny litter in a wooden house I have. Babies were cold, and I didn't think they would make it. I took the snow melt pad we have to keep the porch area clear of snow and ice, and installed it under the bunny house

Squaller likes this.
  6. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 Elite Refuge Member

Nothing above has anything to do with being redneck. A redneck is a white person that worked side by side with blacks in the cotton fields.

widgeon likes this.
  7. waterrat

waterrat Elite Refuge Member

4 for saving the bunnies. I have an original Copenhagen dashboard spitoon... and use it

Vammy and hunting1 like this.
  8. waterrat

waterrat Elite Refuge Member

how about Mexicans in the oilfield? I qualify

9. noweil

noweil Elite Refuge Member

Resized_20200227_192218(1)(1).jpeg

10. PaulinKansas

PaulinKansas Elite Refuge Member

You are my typical renter, but for a refinery. I give you a 7.

My current points, 7.