How was everyone’s opener?

Discussion in 'Oregon Flyway Forum' started by Justin_Davidson, Oct 9, 2021.

1. blacktail

blacktail Elite Refuge Member

No it doesn't. My dog is absolutely worthless finding upland birds and honestly worn out by the time we get into chukar. She's a duck dog. Fantastic duck dog.
    I just hike around in known spots where I've always busted upland. They flush, I shoot.
    My dogs only purpose is to find after I shoot. Sometimes that's the hard part for humans. 80# Lab. She struggles.

85947E7E-CE81-4EA1-A592-3FBEFACCFB1F.jpeg 829B05D9-B1C8-44D9-A658-F36ECAE28D68.jpeg

2. Justin_Davidson

Justin_Davidson New Member

She looks like a duck and goose getting machine. My Lab just turned 13 last week and although he has the drive and loves going out he just can’t make many retrieves before he is beat. He gets to stay at home with the wife and listen to all the shotgun blasts from the local areas. He hates being left but loves hearing everyone shooting according to the wife. Opening weekend he really perked up.

blacktail likes this.
  3. reeltime

reeltime Elite Refuge Member

Those aren't Chukars......

4. blacktail

Brilliant. Observant. Huns those are.

5. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

I probably won't make it out for a couple weeks but guys say there are decent numbers of Chukar and forest grouse. Idk, probably depends are where you are.

6. blacktail

Just got back from an elk hunt around the eagle caps. Grouse numbers were good.