Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Hunting and golf both fit into this

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by CurrencyTrader, Apr 4, 2021.

1. CurrencyTrader

CurrencyTrader Senior Refuge Member

This might be the best explanation why I am single, golf, and you can supplant hunting for the word golf......that, and I'm ugly, but I am going with hunting and golf......."For some time, my wife’s had this ridiculous idea that I’m playing too much golf. Actually, it came to a head at about 11.30 last night. She suddenly shouted at me: ‘Golf, golf, golf. All you ever think about is bloody golf!’ And I’ll be honest, it frightened the life out of me. I mean, you don’t expect to meet somebody on the 14th green at that time of night."

2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Golfers are nuts, crazy, looney-tune.

I offered my wife a stay at home option. Now I hunt even more

3. Dr Duk

Dr Duk Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like you need a new wife?:doh

4. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Riddle me this batman, how can I be single and yet have a wife all in the same paragraph.

kdog likes this.
  5. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

The bigger riddle, why would anyone WANT to golf? :doh

Fogie, riverrat47, Huntges11 and 3 others like this.
  6. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

Some people would rather get out of the house and do something instead of sitting at home on the couch. By the amount of discussion about college sports on this forum there are a lot of people sitting around on the weekends.

stevena198301 likes this.
  7. teul2

teul2 Senior Refuge Member

Golf is for people that can't hunt or fish.
    I feel the same way about college sports.

Fogie, riverrat47 and Rebranger like this.
  8. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

Good answer. If I didn't like to hunt, shoot, play with a chainsaw, hike, etc., I'd probably golf.
    I don't golf, but I am as vexed shooting sporting clays as many are with golf.:confused: (At this point I don't shoot enough to be any good and I've been a mediocre to terrible wing shot my whole life.:doh)
    The upsides of golf are manifold: Most courses are beautiful in the Spring and Fall. Many are lovely in the Summer if it's not too hot and/or humid where you are. If you have mild Winters where you live, golf's good then. (we have a number of days I'd golf Nov-Mar.). It's something to work at improving. You can always be on the look out for better clubs, a better putter, better golf balls, etc., and be trying to improve your swing. Lastly, a lot of business deals are made on the golf course - or so I'm told......

Birdcrazy and bill cooksey like this.
  9. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

Like every hobby, it is what you make of it. I know some people are hardcore into it but with most people I know golf is a social thing, walking the course for some exercise and enjoying some fresh air. It's less about actually golfing. Although smashing the **** out of a golf ball is kind of therapeutic.

fishmunkee likes this.
  10. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

AAAHHHHH ... I wish I was back in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic with the wife.
    Come out of the building and get met by the runnin' fella' that git's yer' cart, clubs, and beer around.
    "Hey Amigo" at 7:30 in the a.m. and slip him a $10, and git' cooler full of beer for the 1st 9 :clap

I can hunt when and where I ever want to :yes