Hunting around Hudson, WI

road kill

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are from Kansas. We hunted there a number of years ago. It was excellent. The mallard numbers are better than anything you’d ever see in Wisconsin or North Dakota.

Thousands of mallards roost on Great Salt Plains Reservoir in Oklahoma and will fly North into Kansas to feed.

View attachment 358224

In a couple hours of scouting we found that the mallards would fly to the water treatment plant in Kiowa mid day and then out to the fields to feed in the afternoon. It took us about five minutes to track down a land owner and get permission.

View attachment 358223

The people down there are so friendly, everyone we talked to, gave us permission to hunt. It is one of the easiest places to hunt. We didn’t give anyone the sausage treatment but a few twelve packs of spotted cow goes a long way.

Seven man mallard limit in nineteen minutes. It was perfect.

Hope this helps.
Was that you?:flame

woodiefanatic

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This spot is okay right before dark.
68E7201F-EDA5-4637-A3B6-3AC3B27D6771.jpeg

take'm

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This spot is okay right before dark.
View attachment 358777
Stillwater is where I grew up(well in the country but I went to school there)
I also learned to drink there and that going across the bridge after mn closed was never a great idea. I've only been there for ta-tas handful of times.i can say I've had more nights that I don't remember than do when the Cajun was involved...