Hunting outfitter near cape coral

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Clint, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Clint

Clint Refuge Member

Hey ya'll
    I ve been informed by my wife that she and i are going to Florida this year in March so i'm thinking Gator, but the trip is going to be a future annual event. I'm looking for a reputable outfitter in the Cape Coral area, since she has family there. I get a "free pass" from the wife to go do a little hunting on this annual trip. I would like to do the gator thing first since i cant kill one here in Maryland, but next year maybe ducks, the following turkey, etc.... Or maybe fishing... Just looking for some good all around outfitter recommendations. Of course I have searched the internet a bit, but would like some first hand knowledge of the outfitter. A couple of things to consider: I WONT need lodging, I will need to rent a gun and purchase ammo on site (since flying with it is a pain in the ***), also help with obtaining licenses and a reputable taxidermy service, which can ship a mount to Maryland.
    THANKS FOR THE REPLIES IN ADVANCE!

2. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

Gator will not be open.....that is late Aug / Sept - Oct

March is spring Turkey......

3. woeiv

woeiv New Member

Gator is open year round on private land. Seminole Prairie in Okeechobee is a great option.

4. duckmanJR

You really think that? ..... that it is a "hunt" and not a "shoot" All the excitement of a tongue kiss from your little sister LOL

Hey, He could go to that 2,000 acre high fence and shoot a Axis deer or water buffalo...You can't get those in Maryland either!

5. woeiv

woeiv New Member

Weird, I guess you are more well versed in tongue kissing your siblings than I am. You said gator is closed, its not. He said that gator was first on his list, just giving the guy an option.

6. duckmanJR

Yeah....and water buffalo and all manner of African game are also open.... LOL

I guess you missed the first sentence. I will not put the word " hunt" on any of that high fence BS....It is a killing....requires nothing more than cash and show up...

And possibly, You do not have the intellectual capacity to appreciate satire and sarcasm... hence you missed it.

7. Clint

Clint Refuge Member

Thanks for the suggestion of "Seminole Prairie" in Okeechobee, I will look into them. I know the "wild" gator season will be over/ but since this is the first trip and i'm looking more into the future with other outings to come (in future years) I'm thinking it would be nice to go with the same outfitter over the course of the up coming seasons.
    Typically i would agree about not wanting to hunt high fence, buffalo or whatever but gator i'm going to make an exception.
    Thanks

8. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Enjoy killing a pet gator.:scratch:bow:clap:cry To each their own.