Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Hunting this weekend

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by Small Bore Hunter, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Small Bore Hunter

Small Bore Hunter Senior Refuge Member

We are headed to AR for the weekend. Weather up north is supposed to be bad and it's either rain, sleet or snow forecasted for the area we are going. Who of you are planning a weekend hunt with hopes that this will be the best weekend hunt with the weather forecast? South end of Reelfoot is slow today.

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Rivers are probably hurting Reelfoot right now. We finally have birds around my area now, and the rain and snow should make the weekend good. Won't take great to make it the best we've had this season. Thank goodness for friends.

3. Quackerattacker

Quackerattacker Senior Refuge Member

Headed back to Reelfoot tonight. Several of our group wasn't interested in making the trip. If they only knew what was on the breakfast menu...GL Small Bore, hopefully you can track em' down.

4. JagwalCrush

JagwalCrush Refuge Member

Have folks coming from Florida and Alabama too. Finally started holding a few birds and hoping this weather makes for a good weekend.

5. Quackerattacker

Quackerattacker Senior Refuge Member

Killed about a dozen eggs and a dozen sausage patties between me and the fella I hunted with. 2 day hunt yielded 4 birds, left a couple hrs early today to beat the snow back home. Hope you guys had better luck.

6. Small Bore Hunter

Arrived yesterday and had a pheasant hunt killed 43. This was a release bird hunt. Went to woods this AM and came out at 10:00 with 17. All mallards except for 3 small ducks. Hunted in the rain. Snow was forecast but too warm 40’s.

7. AppalachianHollers

AppalachianHollers Senior Refuge Member

Sounds like a really good day for Woods.

8. Small Bore Hunter

We hunted in a 24' blind setting of field road bank on Sunday and was blessed with a 6 man limit. I also shot a Golden Eye the first ever for me. My season is about over for me. I might squeeze in a day or two on Reelfoot in the next 2 weeks but our blind has been super super slow for this season. I had rather be at the office that setting in a blind and not seeing anything. Got to work so I can hunt next season.

9. charlie8584

charlie8584 Refuge Member

Glad im retired. Any day in the blind is better than work

10. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Hunted Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and today. Some good and some slow. Dang at the sprig in my area