Hunts From the Pre-Digital Age

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Paddler, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Paddler

Paddler Banned

We made our first trip to Canada in November of 2002. The weather was terrible, and being newbies, we got our butts kicked. But that trip changed everything:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's about it for film. I switched over to digital a couple years later, and it's much better for this type of photography. It's cool to see the older stuff, though.

2. Pintail Hunter

Pintail Hunter Elite Refuge Member

I tend to agree with you on this. The one thing for sure is that hunting on the ice seems to get worse the longer a freeze lasts. Last season with that big freeze in November it was like someone turned the faucet off. Things for me never picked up again until the last week of the season when birds moved back in. By the time I got out the ice was too soft but did had a couple of good hunts on the water that opened up.

3. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

Awesome pics Jon. And that's a great shot of Jim. He was one hell of a cop & I'm glad he never had to chase me!

4. Extex

Extex Elite Refuge Member

Great pics! I remember going down and meeting you and Matt when you came off the ice at clear lake one day. Sadly Clear Lake has not been worth a crap since about then. I havn't hunted it even once in the last 2 yrs. I go look and just leave.........

5. Paddler

Paddler Banned

It's been fun to go back and look at the changes in just a few short years. Guys who were very active on the forum rarely post, like Carp and Utah Sprig. Matt moved to Sugar City, Corey is heavy into airboating, etc.

I have just a couple more pics. The first is my first ever Canada goose, jump shot at FB late season ~1984. I hunted grouse a ton back then, and my Brittany just looked at me like, "What do you want from me?", when I told her to fetch:

[​IMG]

This last one is Corey and I out on "The Square" in Corrine, which he joined for a year or two. My first layout blind experience, and only the beginning:

[​IMG]

I wish I had more photos of the old days. Digital sure has changed that aspect. Who thought back then you could shoot photos and share them over the internet with a phone?

6. BLKFTDN

BLKFTDN Elite Refuge Member

great pics... my o my how things have changed.