"Hybrid" boat pics

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by djc, Feb 11, 2008.

1. MQ

MQ Elite Refuge Member

I got the seat from West Marine. It is open cell foam, so it can soak in a lttle water. What I have is a panel of redwood lattice laid on the floor, then a piece of 1/4 ply on top of that, just loose in the boat. Keeps the seat out of any water you get by climbing in from out in the water. Having the removable floor makes it much easier to clean the bay mud I sometimes get in.
    I have an invisalounge also. It is firmer, closed cell and probably better if expecting to get very wet hunting in the rain. Also more than twice the price of the West Marine version, as I recall.

MA duck hunter likes this.
  2. LimitsBro

LimitsBro Senior Refuge Member

MQ.
    I appreciate the details.
    I will look into both.
    Also, good idea to add something to the bottom of the boat to keep the water off of the seat.

3. Cold Feet

Cold Feet Refuge Member

I haven't been on much since Missed left but I am thinking about a NL. Anyone know the disposition on acquiring plans?

4. sneakbox

sneakbox Refuge Member

Looks great, I’ve built a couple, one with square nose and other with v bull nose. I liked the v hull style because I could land it anywhere and it would sit partly on shore. Grassed the birds never saw it and tried to land in my lap.

MA duck hunter and longduck like this.
  5. Randy Carpenter

Randy Carpenter New Member

Can anyone help me out with Hybrid layout plans? The web page hybridduckboat.com appears to be gone. I'm interested in seeing the difference between the NL, DE and Hybrid. I have several layouts, but I'm still searching for something better and this looks like a good off season project. TIA.