Hydroxychloroquine...

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Michael, Aug 5, 2020.

1. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

...and by God those are the folks who know what's best. Just ask 'em.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

fiona mcmurdo official - Facebook Search.jpg

IV Hunt, OneShotBandit and Rubberhead like this.
  3. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

@Michael - how about when available, non-trumpies get the vaccine. And trumpies stay with hydroxy and we call is square?

4. Michael

You got it, you can have any first run trial of the vaccine they are racing time and money to develop...I'll buy the first round.:tu

5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

Then it devolves into quackery and pseudoscience, which is not what we need. Joe Smith snorted camel farts all week and did not develop COVID-19 when he went shopping at Walmart. Everyone should now inhale camel farts as they may prevent covid-19......... see what I mean. There are enough hucksters and shysters out there pushing false claims and treatments. Perhaps some blood letting or leech treatment may work. How about a nebulizer of household bleach?

Too many unproven treatments. If something shows promise in an anecdotal way, then it is probably warranted to go into a controlled, scientific, statistically tested, double blinded, reproducible, peer reviewed clinical trial. Once the trials are done, then make an intelligent decision based on the results. Watch what you read. It is important to look at things like study design and statistics in order to see if the study is worthy of going forward, or are there problems with the study that will require further research.

6. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

What was the incentive to fake a study that "disproved" hydroxychloroquine?

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona... actually increased a patient's risk of dying.

Somebody doesn't want this COVID thing to go away or at least they don't want it going away without cashing-in. Seriously, I am 100% convinced that there are people willing to let others die. Seriously, I wish I knew who these people are...

OneShotBandit and lugnut like this.
  7. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

I can remember reading that article a couple of months ago. There were obvious flaws and inconsistencies , and the lack of transparency in the data sources sent up a flag that something was wrong. "In an open letter to the Lancet more than a hundred scientists and clinicians asked the journal to provide details about the data and called for the study to be independently validated." Other scientists picked up on this and this warranted the review on the data. This is part of peer review processes and it finds errors or inconsistencies which can be looked at .

I don't like to use Wikipedia as a source for anything, but they do have a decent page on quackery and Covid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unproven_methods_against_COVID-19

8. duckman54

duckman54 Elite Refuge Member

I am one that thinks there is a lot of "cashing in" going on. If not why are so many states listing covid as cause of
    death from so many things when the deceased patient didn't even know they had covid. GREED

OneShotBandit and Rubberhead like this.
  9. Michael

Pharmaceuticals.... they can’t have that .50 pill working when they’ve almost completed their $5,000 round of injectables.

Bang, I believe there is a wide gap between anecdotal camel farts and the studies done on Hydroxy and it is disingenuous of you as a pharmacist to suggest otherwise. I think some doctors want to save hydroxy for its other uses, I think I remember you stating that and that actually makes a bit of sense. But , at this point, if it is found to be helpful in Covid ( and a lot of non anecdotal evidence says it is) time to ramp up production.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  10. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

No arguement, but it goes both ways. Hasn't been proven (beyond a shadow of a doubt) to work, but also hasn't been proven (beyond a shadow of a doubt) to NOT work.

Which goes back to my original question, which I don't think has been answered........

If MY Dr think it works, and it HAS been proven to be safe taken properly, why the resistance to allow it?

IV Hunt and Rubberhead like this.