Hydroxychloroquine...

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Michael, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

"

I don't know what is so funny . 161,000 dead Americans is not a laughing matter.[/QUOTE]

Dude, if you really cared about how many people are dying you wouldn't care at all about giving a drug that might work. Especially one that has been given safely to people for decades.

And secondly, spare me the idea that scientists are never influenced by money, politics, or other selfish reasons. That's ridiculous to the point of hilarity. Last I checked they were people, with the same failings as the rest of us.

2. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Sometimes folks forget that knowledge derived from education is a supplement to not a replacement for wisdom and good sense.

widgeon and yellowlab03 like this.
  3. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

I agree... it seems the biggest down side is cardiac.. If you have no heart issues and your doc is good... i say have at it. It seems to be more of a mental benefit as it is "not good, not bad" other than heart... but i don't believe it is a cure.

I myself have stayed on a very strict regiment of beer and ibuprofen and haven't caught the 'rona yet.

rhpierce, widgeon and Michael like this.
  4. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

Dude, if you really cared about how many people are dying you wouldn't care at all about giving a drug that might work. Especially one that has been given safely to people for decades.

And secondly, spare me the idea that scientists are never influenced by money, politics, or other selfish reasons. That's ridiculous to the point of hilarity. Last I checked they were people, with the same failings as the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

...which is exactly why we have the peer review process, use double blind studies, and use experimental data which is reproducible if tested....you may want to review scientific method and how and why clinical drug trials are set up.

I am talways spectical at "new drugs" and critique their effectiveness. I also like to look at "patients to treat' data vs relative comparison data. Some new drug comes out and says it is 20% more effective than the standard therapy. Sounds good until you realize that instea of 4 out of 100 patients are cured, that 5 patients out of a hundred are cured . You have to be able to read and comprehend the data that is thrust upon you. If possible, I try to look at design of a study in detail, rather than just skimming an abstract or reading the conclusions.

You have the personal right to take hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, dexamethasone, antivirals, immune system modulators, herbs and botanicals, cannabis, or whatever snake oil or toothpaste treatment you can find. I'm sure there is anecdotal evidence that each one of them may work for somebody. I'm sure there are many out there with facebook degrees or graduates of Google University who can help you find the information that you need. I can remember patients of mine in the late '90s going to Mexico to get Laetrile treatments for cancer. Medical studies showed now effect, yet you can still go down to Mexico and get treated with it, and a google search will show it works and is effective etc etc. I'm sure facebook and instagram will guide you in its use.

5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

The term we should all be applying is "evidence based medicine". Treatments should be based on evidence , and the treatments and processes should be scrutinized carefully to ensure that the data is accurate and complete. Our biggest hope right now is the development of vaccines which can produce a high titre of antibody responnse over extended periods of time. If enough of the population receives the vaccine(s), then we can even look at herd immunity for those who cannot or will not take the vaccine .

6. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

For those not comfortable with hydroxychloroquine, there always alternative advice from those who know best.

ADC8DD10-922B-42C7-B719-310AD15B17FD.jpeg

IV Hunt, duckman54, Michael and 2 others like this.
  7. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

There`s alot in our area that would be inclined to use the whole fist. Just sayin....

8. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

Well the left has been walking around with their head up there bum for a long time, so why not?

OneShotBandit and API like this.
  9. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

10. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

So, you agree, Govt officials should not be banning Dr's from prescribing it?