Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

I believe my truck is totaled

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by burgawboy, Aug 4, 2020.

1. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

same here, bought a jon boat, a SBE, and a bunch of decoys lol

creedsduckman likes this.
  2. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

as frustrating as an accident is no matter who is at fault the main thing is everyone's health. I have a couple vehicle that if totaled I wouldn't be all that upset versus some others in the fleet that I couldn't go out and replace. blood, sweat, tears, greasy knuckles and lots of funds put into some of the more treasured vehicle.

Glad you are just sore and nothing more.

3. Mallardmisser

Mallardmisser Elite Refuge Member

How does an insurance company low-ball you? I've only had one total loss. Freeking ditch donkey at 70mph. The insurance company provided comparable vehicle sales prices and paid me according to that. Insurance is based on market value of the truck, that's what you should get.

4. glock

glock New Member

Glad you are ok!

burgawboy likes this.
  5. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

From my experience, their first offer of settlement may be less than the NADA value of your vehicle. "Market value is what you should get". I agree. "Should" is the key word here.

6. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I hope for your sake it's totaled.
    Used car values are so damn high that insurance has been fixing cars/trucks that sure seemed like they should've been headed to salvage.

7. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

My buddy hit a guy who blew a stop sign, 50% his fault for not having control of his vehicle. Man he was hot!

Glad you are not hurt!

burgawboy likes this.
  8. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

every time I’ve totaled a vehicle, and believe me there’s been quite a few, the insurance company gave me top value for it.

the only time I’ve heard of insurance companies “low balling” folks is when personal injuries are involved, and in that case the plaintiff should always have a competent lawyer dealing with it.

9. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

I've totaled more than my share, never one where I was at fault. Some insurance companies I've had no issues, others I've mentioned contacting my lawyer before they got their number right. I would assume that insurance companies are like most things in life, some fair and equitable, some less so.

10. burgawboy

burgawboy Elite Refuge Member

My brother is in the car biz. My neighbor owns the body shop where it was taken. One of my best friends younger brother is my attorney. Hopefully with these resources on my side I won’t get screwed.

creedsduckman likes this.