Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

I caved. Ordered a Sitka.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by SkolMNDuckHunter, Nov 23, 2021 at 7:56 AM.

1. Iammichael6499

Iammichael6499 Senior Refuge Member

Wonder Bread? Farmhouse Sourdough Bread bags are thicker but won’t fit properly if your size 10 or bigger.

2. Iammichael6499

Iammichael6499 Senior Refuge Member

As usual I’m the outlier because my go-to waterfowl/deer hunting jacket is from a company called “Rivers West”. Most folks haven’t heard of them. Their gear isn’t anything special (Chinese tailors) except that the material, zippers, catches, and fit are unusually good. Their “lightweight” uninsulated fleece hunting jacket (Mossy Oak Duck Blind) is my number one all-time best bang for the buck. I’ve taken it to [email protected]#$ and back over the last 6 years and it’s showing almost no signs of wear. Still totally waterproof/windproof. When it’s well below freezing (10 degrees and up) I layer it over a lightweight down jacket, wool shirt, and a polypro mid-weight or heavy-weight pullover. The warmer it gets the less layers I wear. If it’s below 10 degrees I have another set of gear for that but I’m usually not waterfowl hunting.

3. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

As I have said, my favorite Sitka garment is my Duck Oven. But I have had it replaced twice (under warranty) with zipper issues. Each time, they don't fix...they replace.

ibfowl, wingsandwater and Ruination like this.
  4. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

Kinda funny cause I saw the other post on Scheels. When I was in Great Falls last October I bought their lightweight hoody and the Jet Stream jacket at Scheels both very nice and high quality. I was going to get them through a LE buyers group but they dropped them or vice versa. It was nice being able to try both on together,used them back home whitetail hunting too. I'll buy more but I'm not wearing around like a banner .

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. Arkansas Fowler

Arkansas Fowler Senior Refuge Member

How’s the material hold up to briars and sticks jabbing it ?

6. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

I have the Delta Wading Jacket and the Boreal Aerolite Jacket. Have not used the Aerolite yet...just got it and it's not cold enough yet. I am impressed with the Delta Wading Jacket...used it hunting for 3 days in pouring rain with 20+ knot constant winds and never got wet. Didn't pay full price for either, so there is that. Probably be a cold day in hell before I get to the point of buying their thousand dollar waders, but then I hate bootfoot waders anyway.

7. Missy Skeeter

Missy Skeeter Elite Refuge Member

For $160 I will pass...I am happy with my Swiss Gear vest from Walmart for $25.
    101_0516.JPG

ibfowl and OneShotBandit like this.
  8. Dr Duk

Dr Duk Elite Refuge Member

9. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

:l :clap Seriously I was looking at the Hudson Jacket until I read on this Forum a few years ago (?) that to be really nice & warm you needed a hoodie under it: $499 + $249 (+/-)! :eek: That's BS IMOO! At the price point Sitka has, the Hudson shouldn't be any different then say the Columbia 3-n-1 System. Have you all noticed that to get Gore Windstopper AND GoreTex you have to buy two items? Correct me if I'm wrong as for at least two years I've been pondering buying the Sitka wear, but will stick w/my Columbia gear instead as like someone posted I don't hunt in a downpour anymo'! Then there is the issue of the "Athletic Fit!" But then again Gents I don't know a darn thing about Marketing! :no

10. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

I took the plunge last year with Dakota Hoody and Pantanal Parka (same as delta jacket just longer)......The windproofing is great in each garment. The Pantanal is the best rain gear/outer garment I have ever worn it cuts the wind to nothing and has just a slight amount of insulation. Just my opinion but the garments seem to move better with your body, not restrictive. At 25-40% off their great pieces.

The ability to layer accordingly to the weather that day is the key.

Bought the waders this year, beyond comfortable. The breathable material is far warmer yet far cooler than all the other breathables I have had. I suspect just that much higher quality material.