I got distracted helping my daughter...who won the debate?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Oct 7, 2020.

1. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

Yeah, Pence definitely could have tried harder to fit his answers into the 2 minute window. But the format is really at fault. Why two minutes for something that takes 5 to really explain. This he gets two minutes, she gets two minutes nonsense isn’t a debate format, it’s dueling sound bite press conferences.

Ruination and The_Duck_Master like this.
  2. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

He certainly made it Clear Harris didn't know what she was talking about on any question asked ! Maybe you should get closer to the TV to understand it ?

OneShotBandit likes this.
  3. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

I tried to watch until I saw and heard the moderator.

4. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

I agree that it's a problem with the debate format. Two minutes is geared toward soundbites. Absolutely useless format if you don't let them have back and forth and get to their core beliefs. They need to cut the questions in half and shorten them to questions like "What is your position on climate change?" Or, "what are your thoughts about the unrest of the last year?" Whether intentional or not, the press ALWAYS frames the questions from their perspective. I do think most of that last night was better than the last debate but when you start out the question with a STATEMENT OF FACT such as "scientists say climate change caused the fires" or "pundits say you're causing racial unrest" you skew the listener. Just ask a damn question. Also, moderator... forget about YOUR agenda for the debate. Demanding that they stick to your script is stopping a debate from happening.

Seems to me the way to do this is to have opening statements then back and forth rebuttal for 30 minutes then just insert relevant topics that haven't been covered sufficiently but simply by saying "Climate change? You have 2 minutes each to start. Go!"

Regarding his long answers, Pence was in a difficult position requiring that he not appear to be trying to shut up a black woman. He could not appear dismissive or overly aggressive so his best strategy to do that was calm and resolute answers. Those take time or they have the opposite effect.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  5. tomturkey

tomturkey Elite Refuge Member

I wasted 15 minutes of my life watching the debate? for that long. I had to quit watching so I did not puke watching Harris's facial contortions

IV Hunt likes this.
  6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Pence is slow like a turtle, and Harris has sex for personal gains like a rabbit. Just remember the story of the turtle and the hare.

7. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

So how many voters did the Trump Pence train gain? I would say zero, I would say the Biden Harris ticket train gained zero as well. But I only watch about 20 minutes of it, so boring I have no idea how any person with a life could donate that many minutes of their life to this. So little to learn and both people not answering questions is just a joke.

Ruination likes this.
  8. Lip Shooter

Ha ha ha why didn't Pence just ask her if she had and affair with Brown?

9. Lip Shooter

The one you practice law with?

10. IV Hunt

IV Hunt Elite Refuge Member

I could not stand to watch Kamelatoe's arrogant, condescending, & smug facial expressions, and ended up streaming it on my phone so I could turn it over and just listen.
    She pushed the phony narrative on Covid, would NOT answer about court packing, dodged around fracking and the GND, and lied about health care.

Though she has been portrayed as a powerful women, the MSM immediately went to the narrative that Pence was "Mansplaining" to her, which in itself is marginalizing her.
    If she is powerful enough to be a state AG, State Senator, potential VP and potential successor as PRES, then she damn well a ought to be able to hold her own against men.