Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

I hate the heat.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by salthunter, Jul 31, 2020.

1. PaulinKansas

PaulinKansas Elite Refuge Member

I'm 2 miles from Okie land, and we are in a cold spell. 83 here too. Still working on the wood fired swimming pool heater.

dwr353 likes this.
  2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I feel you @salthunter . South Alabama is horrible, and I work in it for 8+ hours every day. I hate this heat with a passion. I would kill for 45% humidity; we start out at 99% every morning and the heat of the day burns it down to 70% or so by afternoon.

letmwurk, salthunter and Sunklands like this.
  3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

No idea what you guys are talking about 3A01A4EC-86E2-441A-A1F9-53D14CDBAF57.png

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Just as with cold, if you dress right (and part of that is covering skin if in direct sun) and actually get outside and acclimate, heat isn't a big deal. I've noted it with adults while fishing and dove hunting. It became even more obvious when coaching scholastic trap. As we got into the summer months of the season (our various championships are in June, July and August), I'd constantly tell the kids and parents they needed to spend enough time outside in the heat they wouldn't have problems being in the heat for their hour at the line, but some just wouldnt do it and paid the price with poor scores and even being unable to finish their round.

Vahunter, WHUP ! Hen and tcc like this.
  5. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Horse ****; I’ve been working outside full time for about 20 years, and if anything I’ve gotten less tolerant of Deep South summer heat as I’ve gotten older.

6. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

In my 20’s heat/humidity didn’t phase me. Now in my mid 50’s plus heart disease it drains the life out of me.

WHUP ! Hen and OneShotBandit like this.
  7. Swampfoot

Swampfoot Senior Refuge Member

It's pretty rough in SO FL and u kinda get used to it. Fished Monday Tuesday all day, drank 1.5 gal of water and never took a leak.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  8. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I'm better with it than ever. Admittedly certain jobs are worse in extreme heat just as some are worse in extreme cold. That's a far cry from not being able to stand being outside in the heat for several hours. Some folks, and maybe you are one, seem somewhat predisposed to heat and/or cold sensitivity, but most of the complaints are from people who don't acclimate and/or dress appropriately.

Randy likes this.
  9. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

A44E541B-5692-4F2F-AE91-3A16A3980865.jpeg

Yeah buddy. This is shaping up to be the nicest August ever. Usually here August is HORRIBLE, like 90 by 9am type horrible. I’m finally gonna do me some fishing without fear of stroking out in the mid day sun.

10. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Quit smoking pot!

Rangerbob, techfowl and Quarne like this.