I hate trailer lights.

Tuleman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I just crimp because not good at soldering and it's not convenient to do under a trailer.
So very true. Good crimping job, poor crimping job, both more convenient (than good or poor soldering) for most folks working on a trailer.

tcc

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
ah the age old crimp versus solder debate. TO me either is fine. I just crimp because not good at soldering and it's not convenient to do under a trailer.
Despite my arguments here I totally agree. If one takes the time to do it right either will hold up fine in most circumstances. Most people tend to half-azz both unfortunantly.

Oh, and run a ground wire....:yes

JoJer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I used to wire semi-trailer light systems and you would think that it would get easier. Wiring a new trailer(Kit) for lights and one side works the other doesn't except for the side marker. I'm sure it is a ground issue. Back out into the cold and wind.

It was the ground, all fixed

I'm putting together a rig to haul my canoe and Marshrat, I'm getting too old to lift them up on the top of my van, will post pics when its done.
Would like to see that when you get'er done.
I hauled my 16' canoe in the bed of my long bed for years. The new truck is a standard, so I have 10' of canoe hanging out the back. So much easier than trying to back a trailer.

Iammichael6499

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Would like to see that when you get'er done.
I hauled my 16' canoe in the bed of my long bed for years. The new truck is a standard, so I have 10' of canoe hanging out the back. So much easier than trying to back a trailer.
Even though I have a really nice kayak trailer, most of the time I use my “T-Bone” hitch mounted support for my 13’ and 16’ kayaks. Great investment.

FB2EF7A2-9FB4-4C79-9D71-6D6E73D7A00B.jpeg

JoJer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of 2X8's with padded perforated metal joining them at the ends. I tied the boat to the rack and tied the rack to the truck.
The rack didn't make the move to the new house.

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Did production/conversion slot machine work as a youngster, involved mass amount of both soldering and crimping. I solder anything that is practical to…