I thought ammunition prices were coming down?

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So Federal is as stupid as the guy that assumes it's a duck load because of the DUCK on the box.

Noted.

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
As I said, not stupid. Good marketing. People are talking about it. They will google it, check prices, etc. They are in people's minds. That is what advertising is all about.

msk

Refuge Member
Reaction score
This is the new standard or higher prices. Only wally world has fair prices on ammo but most have a very limited supply and variety. Luckily I bought 4 blue box cases precovid at the $99 a case price. Been picking up what I can to keep my stock.

JFG

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why not put an elk or bear on the boxes? They’re pretty cool too….

You’d think a manufacturer would put a picture of something relevant to the taking on any box of ammo they produce. Yeah, hunters are gonna probably see that it’s a lead shot (wives/girlfriends might not know) but in the end it’s really about a picture not representing what a product is to be used for, cool or not.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: I was shooting Sportnig Clays yesterday and the people there had Federal Target loads #8's (I like #7.5's though) at $90.00/case/flat out the door! FIY these are not the "Premium" shells.

Tuleman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why not put an elk or bear on the boxes? They’re pretty cool too….

You’d think a manufacturer would put a picture of something relevant to the taking on any box of ammo they produce. Yeah, hunters are gonna probably see that it’s a lead shot (wives/girlfriends might not know) but in the end it’s really about a picture not representing what a product is to be used for, cool or not.
I think the reasoning behind the box's artwork is "nostalgia/appeal", rather than an indication of the product's intended use.

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So do you buy shells when you find what you want or wait until prices may come down.
I’m buying when I find it!
They have a forever shelf life.
If the price is even close to reasonable I buy all can. People that think prices will come down much are delusional. The price of nearly everything, not just ammo is up. People need think about how much less their dollar is worth compared to 2 or 3 years ago.

Ammo prices were long overdue to take a jump. We had $10 boxes of cheap steel and $5 boxes of target loads for 20 years while inflation kept creeping up.

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cool. Those aren't even on Federal's website, that I can find, must be really new.
The first box of shotshells I ever saw, back in 1954 or so came in a box much like that. The box also had a drawing of a dapper young man in a British driving cap holding a side-by-side. He might have even been wearing a necktie, if I remember correctly.
Atwoods Farm & Ranch stores here in Oklahoma have had them for several months @$9.99/box of 25

1 1/8 ounce loads as well.