I thought ammunition prices were coming down?

fireduck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No 410 shells showing up at my local walmart. Plenty of dove shells at $8.67 called heavy load.A few duck loads starting at $24 a box. Boxes of 22's sitting EVERYWHERE! I see no prices coming down at this time

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You people are making me think I should buy cases and cases at today's prices to sell in the future at a dollar or 2 under the going price at the time of sale. It wouldn't be like hoarding or price gouging because few of you want to pay today's prices anyway.

Prices will never come down, they can't with inflation going the way it is. The best we can even hope for is the prices to stop rising at such a rapid pace.

derbyacresbob

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The ammo manufacturers will stop making ammo before they make and sell ammo for no profit.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The ammo manufacturers will stop making ammo before they make and sell ammo for no profit.

As long as supply is short, there’s no reason to compete on price. Couple that with everything driving up costs, and it’ll be awhile. I take some heart though in seeing more on the shelf every time I shop.

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ducks are targets. Geese too. They should market them “practice loads.”

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Prices won’t come down until the public stops buying.

Lead prices are up $

In order to make hulls and wads you need oil. That’s up $

Steel prices are up $

Labor is up $

Transport costs are up $

Prices will not be going down any time soon.
Labor isn’t up. That’s the problem. At least not in my area and that which is not nearly keeping pace with inflation. We’re more in stagflation which is far worse.

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score

Picked up 4 boxes at the local ranch supply store today. $7.99 a box. Looked like they put out a half case. I could have bought more, but I prefer to buy by the case. Fixing to do a Rogers purchase soon.
I entered a Doubles League, so I needed to get some before I burn up my reserve.

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Picked up 4 boxes at the local ranch supply store today. $7.99 a box. Looked like they put out a half case. I could have bought more, but I prefer to buy by the case. Fixing to do a Rogers purchase soon.
I entered a Doubles League, so I needed to get some before I burn up my reserve.
I haven’t seen a sub-$8 box of shells In going on 3 years. Great get.

Latest posts