I thought ammunition prices were coming down?

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I shot a 12ga factory round at a duck or goose. I still have reloads from 5-6 years ago.

I've shot 20ga for everything the last 4-5 years.

Gotcha, I shoot a bit of both. If the shortages show themselves as seasons approach, I’ll switch back and forth with price and availability.

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
Rogers is making huge margins as many shops selling ammo. 50-70% in some cases is consumer gouging.

Got a link for that? Or, just your opinion?

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Define "better". You'll pay more in several years. Availability should improve and this inflation thing may level off, but prices only trend one way; up. No one ever looks at price tags on old shells and goes "I'm glad they don't cost that anymore!"

Our gov. is going full retard and proposing a ban on the import of single-use plastics next year (the idea might not be bad, but the execution will be). Will that include wads? Hulls?
Prices are based on supply and demand. Hopefully the supply side of the ammo equation will improve. Then the hoarders will buy everything for another 6 months, and then we’ll see ammo on shelves. Prices do always trend upwards, but spikes also happen, and I’m hoping this is a spike. What we can’t control is if uncle levies a tax on ammo. That would keep prices higher. That’s my definition of “better.” And of hope.

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I finally found what I'd been looking for for a long time: Rem .30'06 165 grain Corelocked. Considering how infrequently I manage to draw, that forty rounds could last me quite a while.
Can someone name anything that goes down in price once raised?
Gas. Happens all the time.

NW BIRDHUNTER

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I finally found what I'd been looking for for a long time: Rem .30'06 165 grain Corelocked. Considering how infrequently I manage to draw, that forty rounds could last me quite a while.
Can someone name anything that goes down in price once raised?
Stocks.

Goosekiller

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Vista owns Remington, Estate, Federal and Environ-metal.

It's up to Kent and Winchester/Olin to price battle I guess? Everyone's best guess was Kent was using Alliant powder in Fasteel. If that's still the case they will be purchasing from a competitor (Vista also owns Alliant Powder).

That's the issue there, Vista has a monopoly on ammo right now. I won't be surprised if Vista buys out another company in the future.

Latest posts