I went to Canada this weekend.

The_Duck_Master

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. It's clear if one follows the science, that the probability of one getting Covid is very low, dying from it even lower. Much lower if your a child. The fear in the beginning was of the unknown, that is no longer the case. I guess there is a certain portion of the population, even if it's small, that have that reaction (The inability to think rationally about an issue that may or may not pose a threat to them.) to things and it's beyond their control. Not saying it's good or bad, just saying that it happens.
I'm not sure it is accurate to say the probability of getting covid is low. Omicron is quite contagious... It's also much less deadly than the previous strains. Most people in the US have had covid now because the virus has done what viruses do... Get much more contagious and much less virulent over time. Covid is the new normal. I feel sorry for the folks only hearing the official narrative. Canada doesn't really have a free press anymore so it's a bit understandable.

Jeff Coupe

Reaction score
Man-o-man but do I miss the "old days" when common sense ruled. There's some whacked fool on here saying people with vaccinations are "the problem?" We're these knuckle-heads always around or did they simply "hatch"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Meathead2

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have been to Canada's miserable spread of dirt. Never did meet a friendly person including the treudeu border gestopo. Don't think I'll ever come back! Makes me happier than the fellow that informed me I am not welcome there!

Bryan L

Refuge Member
Sponsor
Reaction score
I have been to Canada's miserable spread of dirt. Never did meet a friendly person including the treudeu border gestopo. Don't think I'll ever come back! Makes me happier than the fellow that informed me I am not welcome there!
Brother I'm so sorry u had a horrible experience in my country. Things have been going down hill for many off us with the constant attacks by our Trudeau government on our rights. Trying to take or firearms away especially a issue for me..But if ever you cross the Detroit boarder there's some cold beers in my fridge waiting for you.

Meathead2

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Brother I'm so sorry u had a horrible experience in my country. Things have been going down hill for many off us with the constant attacks by our Trudeau government on our rights. Trying to take or firearms away especially a issue for me..But if ever you cross the Detroit boarder there's some cold beers in my fridge waiting for you.
Thank you, might just give it again one more time.

no harm-no fowl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it is accurate to say the probability of getting covid is low. Omicron is quite contagious... It's also much less deadly than the previous strains. Most people in the US have had covid now because the virus has done what viruses do... Get much more contagious and much less virulent over time. Covid is the new normal. I feel sorry for the folks only hearing the official narrative. Canada doesn't really have a free press anymore so it's a bit understandable.
How miss informed you are. Actually few have had it. Most people don't get it, that's the thing. That's one of the untruthful things the news want people to think. So the can scare people into following along. Some people get it, but it a long way from most people getting it.

The_Duck_Master

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
How miss informed you are. Actually few have had it. Most people don't get it, that's the thing. That's one of the untruthful things the news want people to think. So the can scare people into following along. Some people get it, but it a long way from most people getting it.
The natural progression of a virus is to get more contagious and less virulent over time. There was a surge in cases both reported in the media and in my own circle of family and acquaintances around Christmas and in early 2022 due to omicron to back it up. That trend is typical and was predictable. Regardless, you and I are in agreement that it is time to move on.

Drakes Landing

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
How did a dude enjoying a weekend in Canada with his wife turn into a vaccination debate pissn match? Shouldn’t the moderator’s moderate these threads and not derail them with personal opinions etc. I think its the reason they intervene when things go astray rather than fueling the fire. Just an observation not an opinion or stance on to be vaccinated or not be vaccinated which was NEVER the point of this thread.

Just say’n

Enjoy your next trip with your wife into Canada whoever it was that started this thread.

Lastflight

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Almost everyone I know has had it now, many in this most recent surge. This sample set is mainly fully vaccinated, middle aged people. I only know of one death in my circle, but they were very old with other issues.

Feathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I can only think of two people that I know who haven’t had it. And maybe they’ve had it and just don’t know. That includes vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Most people I know are vaccinated and many boosted and they all still got it. The virus did what it was going to do no matter what we did. Only way to avoid it for sure is to never leave home and never allow someone to come to your home.

It’s over. It was WAY over blown. Time to end these worthless border restrictions and move on. The longer brandon and treadeau leave the rules in place the more it proves they are just power hungry.

Latest posts