I wish TN would end the season on the 31st

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Outside of Reelfoot, does TN really draw that many OOS hunters?
Yes, and I know several who entered both the Tier 1 and Tier 2 drawings. We have four out of state guys in our club, and there are a lot of guide services in West TN, outside of Reelfoot, which cater to out of state folks.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes, and I know several who entered both the Tier 1 and Tier 2 drawings. We have four out of state guys in our club, and there are a lot of guide services in West TN, outside of Reelfoot, which cater to out of state folks.

Not holding my breathe, and don’t worry, I won’t put in for them, but do nonresidents have equal chance at the blinds as residents?

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not holding my breathe, and don’t worry, I won’t put in for them, but do nonresidents have equal chance at the blinds as residents?

Exactly the same odds.

SkilletShooter

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yea, and they don't even have to have a license or WMA permit to enter the draw!!!!

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
How is this seen by residents?

Hard for me to get too worked up since a lot of nonresidents live much closer to these WMAs than the people who like the change.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hard for me to get too worked up since a lot of nonresidents live much closer to these WMAs than the people who like the change.

Hey, I could get behind there being a national annual limit on elk as it would make it easier for me to kill an elk, but is that an anti or pro hunting stance……..?

I know this is too much of a mental leap for all but a few of you but, at what point is giving everyone an equal chance at something hurting hunting more than helping hunting? Not that anyone is being accused of being intentionally anti hunting by limiting locals from access to their local public hunting resources…..for the sake of some dude in another state.

Last edited:

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hey, I could get behind there being a national annual limit on elk as it would make it easier for me to kill an elk, but is that an anti or pro hunting stance……..?

I know this is too much of a mental leap for all but a few of you but, at what point is giving everyone an equal chance at something hurting hunting more than helping hunting? Not that anyone is being accused of being intentionally anti hunting by limiting locals from access to their local public hunting resources…..for the sake of some dude in another state.

The new system is limiting realized opportunities no matter where applicants hail from.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The new system is limiting realized opportunities no matter where applicants hail from.

So anti hunting via death by 1000 cuts…..sounds familiar to the Florida style.

Latest posts