I wish TN would end the season on the 31st

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So anti hunting via death by 1000 cuts…..sounds familiar to the Florida style.

All about fairness and equity. Yes, those words were used in the meetings.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
All about fairness and equity. Yes, those words were used in the meetings.

What part of the borg, er, agency was pushing this?

It’s like you guys haven’t figured out that there are communists who own property and keep it to themselves but fight for you to not be able to own property….

….tell me more about your duck hunts with biologists….

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
What part of the borg, er, agency was pushing this?

It’s like you guys haven’t figured out that there are communists who own property and keep it to themselves but fight for you to not be able to own property….

….tell me more about your duck hunts with biologists….

Just ate a big lunch, so I'm not rising to that cast.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Too full of pride to admit you are already on the stringer….

Nope, no one I've hunted with, or even have a relationship with, had anything to do with it. I've been an outspoken critic of most of the changes since they were first proposed. And that wouldn't change even if my best friend was the decision maker.

Stay in your lane, because you've veered way off here and are talking from your @$$.

JHS76

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
And Florida gets no splits because it’s all politics much like 3/30 isn’t ever happening again…..

Yes, I know all the responses, but the radio tagged birds disagree on which flyway Florida is located.
I thought Florida opened 11-20/11-28 then closed and opened back up 12/11 this past season?

JHS76

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Outside of Reelfoot, does TN really draw that many OOS hunters?
I can't speak for the places because I haven't hunted them in years if ever but I do believe Camden and Dover get some from Kentucky as do a handful of other northwestern TN spots.

I mainly hunt a spot in the southwestern portion of the state. There is consistently a group from the bordering county in Mississippi. Nice folks. They tell me they hunt there because it's the closest public land spot and that they don't care too well consistently at Arkabutla or Sardis.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've met ONE waterfowl biologist.
He was young and a student collecting wings for other more advanced biologists to determine age.
That's it they wanted to know how old the ducks we kill were.
The kid was fairly clueless but he could spot a successful hunt by looking at a boat from 100 yards away. "Feathers" he spotted.
Real nice kid but he didn't act or look at all like a hunter. He was clean, green, and a future game warden imo.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I thought Florida opened 11-20/11-28 then closed and opened back up 12/11 this past season?

I meant zones not splits, my typo. The state is a very different place in terms of waterfowl north and south of ocala or somewhere close to it.

JHS76

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Now that the Reelfoot season is going to be with the regular season, will they work it out to end hunting on the 31st or will they keep it at the 29th due to birds pairing and/or not to eliminate any holidays or weekends.

I still wish for open for the two days after Thanksgiving, close, open back up the first weekend in December, close Monday and Tuesday after the first December weekend then open until the 31st.

Doubtful but wishful thinking.

Latest posts