I wish TN would end the season on the 31st

Meach

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Will someone please post the details of the 3 possible Fed frameworks for Ms flyway?

Wanderer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Will someone please post the details of the 3 possible Fed frameworks for Ms flyway?
Here you go Meach, but you get the Bonus Plan, all 4 Flyways!

Page 18 of the 2022 Adaptive Harvest Management Annual Report that was recently published.

Will

1645929561412.png

mallardhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It’s incredibly difficult for me to imagine any lake in Tennessee freezing over in the winter, period.
Larry Hickerson wrote about hunting on Reelfoot in the ice when he saw a van driving out to the blind, then realized it was his van! I've been down there when it froze like that. I remember when the Tennessee River froze out to the river channel. Guys would drag a boat across the ice, then jump in when they broke through. To get back, you got up some speed, got the bow up, hit that ice and from there it was like a spinning top, generally heading towards the bank. Got out and pushed it to the ramp. Good times.

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've seen Old Hickory frozen over except the main channel. Back in the 70s, the then TN Game & Fish could/would declare a freeze out which took away the requirement of hunting from a blind. A hunter could set up anywhere they wanted. I don't remember when that option went away but when it was in affect, I certainly used it to my advantage.

mallardhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've seen Old Hickory frozen over except the main channel. Back in the 70s, the then TN Game & Fish could/would declare a freeze out which took away the requirement of hunting from a blind. A hunter could set up anywhere they wanted. I don't remember when that option went away but when it was in affect, I certainly used it to my advantage.
I remember those days.

GrayGhostSafaris

Refuge Member
Reaction score
This year in middle TN was the worst of my decades of duck hunting. Many reasons can be brought to mind, but things are changing. Fortunately there are other States that offer excellent waterfowling.

mallardhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This year was the first in 50+ years of duck hunting that I did not step foot on a TN WMA - due to the TWRC's absurd rules in the new blind system. Stayed out of state. If the state doesn't rescind the boondoggle, I won't even bother to buy the WMA permit.