Ice Fishin for Walleye

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Wack-a-Mole, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Wack-a-Mole

Wack-a-Mole Senior Refuge Member

Does anyone know if Carter ever ices up enough to Ice fish? Or if anyone has any Ideas on where to go for some good Ice fishin for walleye...... Thanks

2. bkhuntfish

bkhuntfish Senior Refuge Member

It just depends if we get a cold spell long enough and cold enough to freeze the lakes up. Carter might freeze a little sooner and better than others cause it is a bit higher, but I honestly don't know if it is high enough to make a difference. Chatfield is great if it gets a good lid on it, especially if you have some sort of depth finder. The last third of the lake still has a very well defined channel and it is just about the right depth in places. Only problem is that there is a 18" size limit. But there are some really nice perch in there to.

3. ST

ST Refuge Member

Lake of the Woods - Morris Point Gap :)

4. GOOSELOVE

GOOSELOVE Senior Refuge Member

Hey Mole,
    I don't think ice fishing is allowed at carter or horsetooth. I have heard that boyd gives up a few, i've tried with no results. Lake loveland has some nice walleye in the spring but never heard of any through the ice. If you find any post up.

Terry

5. Wack-a-Mole

Wack-a-Mole Senior Refuge Member

gooseluv-

I found a sited on Carter, and No you can't ice fish up there. I have caught a bunch out of Horsetooth, but that was in the summer.... I'll keep searchin and will let you know if I find any.

6. EMan

EMan Senior Refuge Member

I guess Glendo is the best Walleye Ice fishing near here. Some guys I shoot 3D with caught a bunch and some Catfish also through the ice.