Idaho to ban flooded crops?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Allan, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Native.

2. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Oh BS! We hunt flooded cornfields here and THAT is on State properties! BS!!!! Maybe you all in the Pacific Flyway need to go to a 90 day season instead of 110 or whatever it is!

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  3. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator

If they did that out here we would lose at least 75% of our states hunter's. Most people hunt flooded rice land out here. I would bet that about 90% of the blinds leased in the Sacremento valley are in flooded rice fields, it will never happen out here there is way too much money involved. Our refuges/ duck parks couldn't handle the overflow and our public lands are already overly crowded, it would be a disaster to waterfowl hunting in CA.

Squaller likes this.
  4. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Flooded rice fields after harvest are a lot different than corn complexes.
    Butthurt much? Can't kill ducks without them being baited? :dv :dv :dv And even with 90 days season I would still kill more ducks….and even without bait. :l

Silver Wings and freefall like this.
  5. Billy Bob

I don't think the bill says anything about properly harvested crop fields and normal farming practices. It is obviously directed at crops planted for duck bait.

6. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I hunt primarily flooded corn on state land. It’s nowhere near as good as people make it out to be. Personally nobody in the Pacific flyway has a right to cry about anything with their long season and higher bag limits.

7. Billy Bob

Fish on!!!!

freefall likes this.
  8. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator

Thanks for that, I only read about half of it then got sidetracked. The amount of rice left in these fields is a joke though, they might as well be baiting them. I wouldn't be surprised if they leave extra grain in certin fields for a little extra pocket change if you know what I mean. :yes:yes:yes

9. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Okay I got it, thanks for making that clear. But then 109/110 +/- days needs addressed, IMO.

brake man and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  10. Patodor

Patodor Senior Refuge Member

True, but that’s because it’s state land - and birds on state land get wise quick. Ever hunt flooded corn on well managed private property? May as well be throwing bread at the park. Doesn’t seem fair.