If you could only bring 2 things to eat or drink in the blind what would it be

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by MarshmanDon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

I bring two cans of cope when I go, I call it my nerve medicine.
    Man I'll plow though both cans if the birds are working good, because I can't call with it in my mouth, so I'm spitting it out when birds show up. The $h!t is $9.00 a can out here these days. Damn, I remember paying $0.75 a tin when I first started this crap.

2. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

I bring two cans of cope when I go, I call it my nerve medicine.
    Man I'll plow though both cans if the birds are working good, because I can't call with it in my mouth, so I'm spitting it out when birds show up. The $h!t is $9.00 a can out here these days. Damn, I remember paying $0.75 a tin when I first started this crap.

MarshmanDon likes this.
  3. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Back when I dipped I preferred fine cut because it usually blew right through the call.

Billy Bob and MarshmanDon like this.
  4. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Elite Refuge Member

I can see that without being able to call with a wad in how you are dropping some coin on every hunt. I can use all goose, duck and turkey mouth calls while chewing ( not leaf :eek: ).....just been doing it for many moons now....:tu

5. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

I can call the easy ones without spitting it out, but if I have to get down on them I'm spitting it or squawking the call. Normally 3/4's of a can will get me through a hunt though.

6. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

diet pepsi, jerky and water for the dog. so I am in at 3 not 2. never been limited to what I can bring so I just hope I don't leave something I want at home. most of my friends including the dogs kinda expect me to have some type of homemade jerky with me.

MarshmanDon likes this.
  7. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

jesus id think about quitting with a price tag like that. Or at least switching to Grizz or Longhorn or Rooster

8. Michael Keating

Michael Keating Refuge Member

Hands down coffee and brown sugar poptarts are always a must in the blind for me.

9. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

When I quit smoking, cigarettes were 70cents a pack from a machine, and when that got up to a dollar, I thought everybody would quit. Dangerous drug, that nicotine...

MarshmanDon likes this.
  10. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

I've tried them, can't do it, I can hardly do cope wintergreen at $5.00 a tin but I'm learning to accept the fact that it's time to quit this crap for good after 40 yrs of using it.:yes:yes:yes

MarshmanDon likes this.