Illinois 2018

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by LAWigeon8323, Jan 8, 2018.

1. zeus

zeus Elite Refuge Member

You are best to go with a guide and I would recommend Porters and ask for Nick Rose as your guide

Jon C and ARHHH4 like this.
  2. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Elite Refuge Member

Funny you should post this...I work with Nick's older brother....Nick was the guide that I was referring to in my previous post.

3. marbleye

marbleye Senior Refuge Member

Better do it quick considering we shut down Thursday, don't think Nick is up this way for the last few days but Brian Griffin will be hunting through the close. We've been killing out every group the last few weeks and don't see things being any different the last few days. You will not be disappointed hunting with Brian in one of Porter's pits.

4. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

You can’t go wrong with Brian G, we use to hunt with him a lot when he was a kid, great guy, and truly a WORLD CLASS caller. The way I read your post your looking for next season. When the season get closer post up again, Ive done a couple trade a hunt/fudge hunts.

Jon C likes this.
  5. LAWigeon8323

LAWigeon8323 New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. Might be better to bring this up again over the summer closer to next season when I can get something planned out. A greater canada is on my bucket list for sure as we don't ever have the opportunity down south for them.

6. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

Like I said, look me up next year, I am sure we can work something out, to get Canda Goose checked of that List.

7. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

Brian is a killer. Boyd is a killer. Zach is a killer. I’m just a poor hack with a marginal skill set, but I still manage to kill a few from time to time! You can’t go wrong with anyone at Porters.

Seriously though, Matt has one heck of an operation and the track record to prove it.

Give him a call, we’ll show you a good time. 847 276 0790

ARHHH4, I think Charlie had a fun day today.

Attached Files:

Jon C and ARHHH4 like this.
  8. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for sharing man...Looks like y'all are getting into em. Glad you guys are able to make some memories together. Cherish em...nothing better than family hunts. Happy for Charlie! Good luck the rest of the week.