Illinois Boys! This is important!

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score

Breaking: House Bill Proposes Repealing Pittman-Robertson Act​

You have a member of your States Government that is supporting this! Check out the list and contact everyone from your State that is supporting this garbage!

You can see them as one of those that are supporting this repeal, here:

Losing the Pittman-Robertson Act would be a huge blow to wildlife conservation. Here is a great statement in regards to this:
Posted this in the political forum, but wanted to put it here since it is a hunting issue.

HR 8167 isn’t being talked about much, but it’s horrible legislation for our wildlife resources and for every hunter, shooter and angler. It would repeal the biggest source of conservation funding in the world, and it would move our chair away from the table in conservation decision making. Pittman-Robertson was developed, pushed forward and supported by sportsmen. The only people for this legislation are republicans who are ignorant of the history of the law AND liberal environmentalists who want us out of the picture. Check the list, and make a call if your representative is supporting it.

yankeegray

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Contacted my representative on this issue
Advise him a few parts of this bill should stand But take a look at how the repeal of the Pittman Robertson act would affect the outdoors men of his district

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I contacted Bost last week & requested why he would support a bill like this when several WMA in hs district are 100% funded by PRA? Still waiting on a reply

yankeegray

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We might just have to pay him a visit Mr Mallard

rism

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Mr. Bost has been visited before. Go see him. I did about 10 years ago. He will talk to you. Back then he was a State rep. Now he is a U.S. Rep. Probably not home as often.

JoJer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I dashed off a quick missive to Russ Fulcher. Told him HANDS OFF! Pittman-Robertson. Maybe work on something like putting American loggers back to work harvesting some wood and clearing some understory before it burns down around our ears.
I also asked if he'd ask the old guy to stop printing money.

JoJer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Also, thanks to Sdkidaho for putting up the links and shining some light to send the cockroaches running.

Josh carpenter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not in my “district “ but state of Ohio rep. on their wouldn’t let me email him ,guess he wants to hear from me personally :yes

gotmyally

Reaction score
Repeal it. (And a bajillion other forms of taxation too). That'll leave more $$$ in my pocket (and yours) to donate to nonprofit conservation organizations that are not burdened by govt waste and fraud.