Illinois Rifles for Deer

Spanky03

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I screwed up and bought the Ruger American in .350 Legend last year in anticipation. My son used it for deer here in Arkansas and wasn’t impressed with the knockdown power. Now I see I can even use it because it has a magazine. POS anyway. There ain’t no way in hell I’m buying a single shot rifle to deer hunt with. Been using my 870 for 30 years with no complaints. Guess I’m sticking with it. Remington stopped production of copper solid. I’ve been buying peoples slugs off of gunbroker. Might either switch to accutip or Hornady.

Dw32005

Reaction score
I screwed up and bought the Ruger American in .350 Legend last year in anticipation. My son used it for deer here in Arkansas and wasn’t impressed with the knockdown power. Now I see I can even use it because it has a magazine. POS anyway. There ain’t no way in hell I’m buying a single shot rifle to deer hunt with. Been using my 870 for 30 years with no complaints. Guess I’m sticking with it. Remington stopped production of copper solid. I’ve been buying peoples slugs off of gunbroker. Might either switch to accutip or Hornady.
You can put a bob sled in the magazine if they make it for the ruger.

I made an AR pistol last year in 300 blk out just for fun. Emailed my game warden to make sure the build was good. Used a 10 round mag i think with a bob sled, the warden even told me that i could leave the gas block and tube intact for self ejecting. It just can’t load itself again from the action of shooting.

Edit
I wouldn’t be against trying a dowel rod or something to keep the magazine from accepting any rounds either. Might be a little rougher on the extractor though.

Latest posts