Illinois so called tax referendum

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Ralph e Gicla, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Ralph e Gicla

Ralph e Gicla Refuge Member

illinois so called fair tax referendum , Wonder how much the great state of Illinois is spending on tv adds and mailing propaganda out to try and jam this down our throats ?

riverrat47 likes this.
  2. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Elite Refuge Member

Yesterday I received four “yes” mailers and three “no” mailers. Got one more “no” today.

3. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

I just find it ironic that the guy who removed toilets from his house so he could claim it was uninhabitable and save $300,000 on his property taxes is NOW going to sock taxes to the millionaires and billionaires. I WAS born at night, but it wasn't last night. You can tell when prickster is lying because his lips are moving.
    Does anyone remember the last time a democratic governor was going to sock it to the yacht owners. Blago stood in front of a bunch of yachts in a Chitcago harbor, lobbying for his "yacht tax." Turned out that every 16 ft. boat was deemed a yacht.

I already voted...NO!

Damian Wiening likes this.
  4. ARHHH4

He’s trying to make you and I pay for his goof up, whenever the idiot wrote a budget into play, banking on Trump giving him millions in covid relief to get us out of the hole that we’re in. And when Trump said, “stick it”, he needed a backup plan

5. Gadwall King

Gadwall King Senior Refuge Member

He needs a brain but what he does not need is a fork!

riverrat47 likes this.
  6. Grossy23

Grossy23 Senior Refuge Member

I can’t say that I’ve ever heard anybody complain about not paying enough taxes and I don’t think there’s a law stipulating that you can’t pay more money in taxes if one wishes.
    People pay accountants and lawyers to decrease amount of taxes owed to government not to pay more.
    Democrats must have a meeting somewhere and come up with theses schemes every year.

7. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Let's see:
    New shotgun and boat motor
    Or
    Just give it to madigan

Hmm. Uhhh

8. ARHHH4

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t wanna pay more than I’m required. However, I work for the state, and when multiple people at my job are saying that if this passes, the politicians have the right to tax your pensions, and also take this money and spend it however they see fit without getting approval from anyone, I do have an issue with that. I’d rather they tax me the same that I am now, cuz if this Lt governor tries implementing another 20% tax hike due to people standing their ground and not voting for this, I see ol J.B. headin to the clink like just like blagojevich and those before him. It’s not our fault these people are idiots and can’t spend/budget money. Something needs to change with this “win four/five counties you’re in” thing too. We’re never gonna get a guy or gal worth a darn as long as cook will ford du page and st Clair are enough to win the whole state.

greenheadIL and BJH like this.
  9. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

Maybe 16. Billionaires in IL and 6 or 8 are kin to him as family......And he going to fink them over for more taxes...what a happy world we live in.