I'm going to say it screw the jinx

thekillerofmallard

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Are we going to have this on opening day of amateur day Wed???

Screenshot_20211129-075726_Chrome.jpg

Wood-Dro

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Fog is the last thing you want for that day...

thekillerofmallard

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I dont see how its much different than the thousands of wind flippies the ducks have been seeing the last 45 days? Do you folks think the battery ones have a much bigger difference than the wind flippies?

I can turn it off once birds commit. And the RPMs are always correct. On very windy days the wind ones spin way to fast we don't even use them no one around us does.

mak2782

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I get that.......... turning it off important. I like that with geese too, geese hate flippies.

I was more wondering if you see the birds really initially react like they hadn't seen them in a while or if that has gone away with the advent of wind flippies.

Tommyo

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The moisture has drastically reduced since that last wind.

thekillerofmallard

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I get that.......... turning it off important. I like that with geese too, geese hate flippies.

I was more wondering if you see the birds really initially react like they hadn't seen them in a while or if that has gone away with the advent of wind flippies.

Probably because no one in my area uses wind spinners birds do react to them rather well the first week or so. Like I said before fog and flippies at my blind makes for a good hunt. I should of been hunting today, but had no idea it was going to be foggy.

1911king

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Some spots need zero weather to kill ducks. Some spots need zero flippies to kill ducks. Most spots need all of the above and a miracle. I’m going hunting regardless of weather or flippy season.

CA Birdman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They have already seen flippy for the most part. They are allowed in Canada and every dry field spread has at least one and if they flew over the mojo spread they saw a dozen.