California Flyway Forum Sponsors

I'm thinking we need to start a go fund me for this guy...

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by mark seaters, Sep 11, 2019 at 9:21 PM.

1. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

https://abc30.com/pets-animals/soca...x3FNGvBUwMBw2-s38WGQ3jom7HmzgPGWK5oGWun-_yvAg

cacklercrazy and black brant like this.
  2. ducknutz

ducknutz Senior Refuge Member

I agree. I’d sure like to hear his side of the story too.

3. Duck Seeker

Duck Seeker Senior Refuge Member

Maybe he should have worn gloves when he unsuccessfully tried to remove the collar......

4. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

"In the head" time after time after time after time..enough to scare a snowflake about the dangers of guns and not p38.

JRS likes this.
  5. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

I think they can find out the location where the death occurred by GPS signal recording. The P38's life is more important than ours.

JRS likes this.
  6. Brushbeater

Brushbeater Senior Refuge Member

Funny I read a different article and the district attorney claimed that he shot a mountain lion that was near the endangered species list. The article also says when he cut the collar they receive a mortality signal and gps. He obviously didn’t cover his tracks good enough

7. afmoto

afmoto Senior Refuge Member

In addition to SSS, don’t be stupid and stay away from the ones with a collar ffs... this guy wasn’t the brightest bulb on the chandelier... smh

8. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Apparently the guy was employed by the American Jewish University as their livestock keeper... He probably freaked out when he saw the collar and tried to destroy it... Dude probably would have been fine if he called up authorities right after he killed it to let them know that he killed a lion that was trying to get a goat instead of trying to cover his tracks.

https://kfgo.com/news/articles/2019...l-killing-of-california-mountain-lion/936432/

9. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

I would have taken the dang collar, nice and slowly moseyed by that tracker/monitor dudes house and toss that collar in his back yard...:dv

Squaller, grizzly and J.Bennett like this.
  10. grizzly

grizzly Senior Refuge Member

Glad CA has the ability to protect the mountain lions, they don’t have the ability provide public safety to the residents. Kids can’t go to the parks, my wife won’t go to the store if it’s dark. Pathetic